By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, it seems like I'm the only person on the site who doesn't like PH

I really didn't like Phantom Hourglass at all. I thought it was bland, boring, repetivie and the most plain Zelda game ever released.

It doesn't do a single thing better then it's "prequel", The Wind Waker.

There's just so many meh and bad things in PH....sailing is even duller than in TWW...the graphics look somewhat bizarre (Link and the other characters are freaky looking)...the music is the worst in the series, the dungeons are very short and very easy...ugh.

But the one thing that killed the game for me...is the stealth, TIMED dungeon that you have to do FIVE TIMES over the course of the game? All I can say is...WTF? Who approved that idea at Nintendo's Game Studios?

So what did you think of PH?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

I only played it for 2 minutes but if you don't like it that's probably a good sign judging by your calls that some older games were "impossibly hard."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I loved the game play mechanic so much that it could have been the worst game ever, but I was too busy enjoying controlling Link.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I loooved Phil, I even defended his comment in GDC by saying even though I agree with him, I like the fact he can say what he believes him

but apparently he probably doesn't even believe it, he's just saying that 'cause of his new job's description. Pretty much a promoting his new job while he's still with his old company. THAT is not cool

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL kingofwale

like me, you thought it was about Phil Harrison
but not like u, I read the first post LOL ^^

Time to Work !

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
I loooved Phil, I even defended his comment in GDC by saying even though I agree with him, I like the fact he can say what he believes him

but apparently he probably doesn't even believe it, he's just saying that 'cause of his new job's description. Pretty much a promoting his new job while he's still with his old company. THAT is not cool

That's very interesting! What thread is this?

I liked it, the temple of the ocean king is BS, but the rest of the game is great.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

fkusumot said:
kingofwale said:

That's very interesting! What thread is this?

DAMNIT!!!! I thought PH stands for Phil Harrison. On top of the other PH threads. F*** me for not reading the thread first.

Sorry for trolling, i'm out!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I haven't cleared it yet, the temple drives me nuts... the graphics I like and the rest of the dungeons were fun (except one which had a MAJOR BUG in it!)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

rofl at kingofwale.. funny day we are having here.. that was hilarious

The only thing i didn't like was Ocean King temple, loved the rest.. my single favourite 'moment' in the game was figuring out the whale island riddle