By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, it seems like I'm the only person on the site who doesn't like PH

I didn't particulary care for it myself either. In Wind Waker the sailing could be reptitive, but on the flip side it could be a fun experience when you're exploring a giant ocean and can jump off you boat anyime to try and swim to an island or a whatnot. In Phantom Hourglass you just point to where you go and that's it. But you can't just wait to get there because plenty of annoying enemies and obstacles along the way to force you pay attention.

The Ocean King temple is a massive Buzz Kill like everyone else already said. 

Around the Network

I hated the game. Controlling link with the stylus was boring and the least fun I have ever had whilst playing a Zelda. I don't think there is a thing I like about the game outside of the fact that it is a sequel to Wind Waker.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

PH was an outstanding game for the DS. It used a control system that innovated the very games we play on our DS. It was a nice refreshing Zelda adventure. It was not as big as TP, or OoT but it was amazing none the less. I enjoyed. It was great!

lemieux-rules66 said:
PH was an outstanding game for the DS. It used a control system that innovated the very games we play on our DS. It was a nice refreshing Zelda adventure. It was not as big as TP, or OoT but it was amazing none the less. I enjoyed. It was great!
I don't understand how the controls are "innovative". They seem sort of obvious to me, and AC:WW controls similiarly.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I think its best described as 'cute'

Its a fun, easy, intuitive pick up and play game. In other words its a perfect handheld title. None of the handheld zeldas that I have played have been as challenging as the 3D zeldas.

Around the Network

Call me crazy but i disllike every zelda after the old snes/nes ones. I really dont know why i started disliking em but they look really boring to me now. I do still like the old ones.

Yeah, some of the dungeons were really short and easy and that timed dungeon really got on my nerves sometimes, but I thought overall it was a great hand held zelda game with fantastic controls.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I prefered it to Wind Waker but only just but i think its a great game, shame that it was overshadowed imo by the far superiour Tingles Rosey Rupee land, now that is a quality game.

I hated Phantom Hourglass I ended up trading it in for Endless Ocean for Wii and love EO.

other than visuals and music everything about PH annoyed me ESP the TIMED shit.

Well its a handheld game.. so the best for a handheld game so far... not fair to compare it with console zelda versions

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558