By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - No toddlers or pools in Sims 4: worst Sims base game incoming?

if its anything like SimCity 5 they'll have them in a DLC pack for $20 a few weeks later. EA is truly digusting these days.

Around the Network

Sims has always been garbage in my book. Oooo, checking my mail box, how thrilling, wish I could do that in real life! Oh wait.

NiKKoM said:
that's the price we pay now that the Sims 4 doesn't need an Always Online connection.. We all know that to render and calculate Pools we need an Always Online connection..

Made me laugh!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

curl-6 said:
Sims has always been garbage in my book. Oooo, checking my mail box, how thrilling, wish I could do that in real life! Oh wait.

You don't know how to play The Sims! :P You're supposed to set up dramatic scenes, crush relationships, lie to your friends.. That's what I do in The Sims anyway.

Squeezol said:
curl-6 said:

You don't know how to play The Sims! :P You're supposed to set up dramatic scenes, crush relationships, lie to your friends.. That's what I do in The Sims anyway.

Exactly! And then you're supposed to drown everyone in the swimming pool, which is why this new game is so frustrating! xD

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
I always thought sequels were supposed to ADD content.....

Sims 5: You have to pay an extra $10 just to get past the start-up screen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RavenXtra said:
Squeezol said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly! And then you're supposed to drown everyone in the swimming pool, which is why this new game is so frustrating! xD

Nah, you're supposed to import your friends, invite them over and lock them in a room without doors, add hay bales and fireworks inside to play with. Then send the pictures. Pool takes too long.

It's been over 10 years since I last played it. Last time was with my wife (then engaged), we made a kid in game to see what it would look like. However the kid decided to change a lightbulb, electrocuted itself and died. My wife never wanted to play the sims again.

SvennoJ said:

Nah, you're supposed to import your friends, invite them over and lock them in a room without doors, add hay bales and fireworks inside to play with. Then send the pictures. Pool takes too long.

It's been over 10 years since I last played it. Last time was with my wife (then engaged), we made a kid in game to see what it would look like. However the kid decided to change a lightbulb, electrocuted itself and died. My wife never wanted to play the sims again.

That is a pretty classic story.  She probably won't ever let her kids change a lightbulb till they are an adult out of fear instilled from the game.