By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia: 'AMD customers stuck with sub-par gaming experiences'

daredevil.shark said:

Ultimately this will damage all PC gamers as a whole.

Nvidia: 'AMD customers stuck with sub-par gaming experiences'

The war of words between Nvidia and AMD is getting nasty.

In a Kotaku feature examining the ongoing tensions between the two firms, an Nvidia rep stated: “If AMD spent as much time working on their drivers and actually making investments in gaming than they did talking about us, then maybe their customers would not be stuck with sub-par gaming experiences in today's cutting-edge titles."

The war cry comes as AMD has released a list of games that it claims to have entered into development partnerships with including Battlefield: Hardline, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Civilization: Beyond Earth and Star Citizen.

Nvidia's reply? It reckons “it would be impossible for us to maintain a current list” of its GameWorks partnered titles as it's such a far-reaching program.

Meow.

AMD’s Robert Hallock last month said that: “Gameworks represents a clear and present threat to gamers by deliberately crippling performance on AMD products (40 per cent of the market) to widen the margin in favour of Nvidia products.”

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nvidia-amd-customers-stuck-with-sub-par-gaming-experiences/0134538

LOL I did have a sub par experience on my desktop before I switched to AMD.  Think again Nvidia. (Although my laptop has Nvidia and it never had any problems).

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Nvidia really need to sort their PR out...maybe their prices too while they're at it.

I think eventually they will when they are forced to when everyone wakes up and realizes AMD is offering better cards for a cheaper price.  But Nvidia's PR kicked the living crap out of AMD's for a long time, and until last year AMD basically had effectively no PR.  It will still take some time...

Those in Glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Nvidia drivers also suck. I moved away from Nvidia a few years ago after complaining about a particular bug in their drivers and having them refuse to fix it with an answer of "if you don't like it buy another card", so I did, been AMD ever since and all the machines I build for others are AMD now. The drivers aren't perfect but they are decent and as an added bonus the cards generally outperform the Nvidia equivalents and also better prices.

this thread is a good filter aid for weeding out those that know their stuff and those that dont.

so much nonsense being spouted.

Vasto said:
Nvidia on purpose coded Watchdogs to perform worse on AMD video cards. They are saying they will do this for any game that they get a deveopment deal for and for that reason I will never buy an Nvidia card. Is this what they have to do to compete with AMD?

I've never liked NVidia. And they're certainly not trying to make me think differently with this kind of ass moves. I've been fine with ATI/AMD cards for the last 10 years. I'm sure I'll be fine for an other 10 years. 

Also lol at all the ones calling others fanboys... It speaks quite loudly about what you yourself are.

Around the Network

Nvidia is sooooo Salty.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

justgames7604 said:
Vasto said:
JEMC said:

Now, let's not start saying things that are false, shall we?

It is Ubisoft who has decided to use some piece of software from Nvidia to code their game knowing that it would cause problems to AMD card users, and instead of finding alternatives they simply said that it was not their problem if they had "the wrong card".

Yes, Nvidia has created the software, and it's a software that does what it does, but it's the developers fault to decide to use it. Blame Ubisoft for the Watchdogs situation, not Nvidia.

No thanks, Nvidia is creating software ( Gameworks ) to cripple AMD Hardware because they cannot compete with AMD Head to Head. Reminds me of EA when they bought the NFL License to keep NFL 2K off the market and now they want to tell 2K to just bring it and thats exactly what 2K was doing back in 2005. Its BS and it does not belong in the gaming industry.

man, nvida made software that does what it should do: get the most out of their products. Do you expect them to make software that gets the most out of something they have nothing to do with? you want them to make drivers for amd aswell? Because amd sure as sh@t aren't making drivers that compete with nvida's, catalyst control center is the worst thing in the universe second only to hilter and his dogs.

nvida must be to blame because they arent supporting amd cards with their drivers and must be intentionally crippling them.

I completely agree with you, and I'd like to add one point to your argument as well, if I may. What vast is saying about Nvidia software being only for Nvidia cards is a evil or bad thing is just ignorant. It would be like saying sony is bad for making their development tools only for the ps4, and thus crippling Xbox 1 development. Or Microsoft is evil for making the x1 development tools only for the x1, and are evil and bad for not including the ps4 in their toolsets. Give me a break. Nvidia is making the most out of their cards, what the hell do they care about amd? It's up to amd to make their shitty drivers perform better. Look at the ps3 vs the 360, completely different hardware,and multiple games in the beginning looked and performed like shit on the ps3. But you know what? Sony made their development tools better, and that made their awkward hardware run much better. Sony didn't come out like bitches, like amd is, and say Microsoft isn't making their tools include the ps3.  So why the fuck would Nvidia? Amd, work on your shitty drivers to help your pretty damn good cards, instead of bitching about Nvidia superior drivers.

justgames7604 said:
Vasto said:
JEMC said:

It is Ubisoft who has decided to use some piece of software from Nvidia to code their game knowing that it would cause problems to AMD card users, and instead of finding alternatives they simply said that it was not their problem if they had "the wrong card".

Yes, Nvidia has created the software, and it's a software that does what it does, but it's the developers fault to decide to use it. Blame Ubisoft for the Watchdogs situation, not Nvidia.

No thanks, Nvidia is creating software ( Gameworks ) to cripple AMD Hardware because they cannot compete with AMD Head to Head. Reminds me of EA when they bought the NFL License to keep NFL 2K off the market and now they want to tell 2K to just bring it and thats exactly what 2K was doing back in 2005. Its BS and it does not belong in the gaming industry.

man, nvida made software that does what it should do: get the most out of their products. Do you expect them to make software that gets the most out of something they have nothing to do with? you want them to make drivers for amd aswell? Because amd sure as sh@t aren't making drivers that compete with nvida's, catalyst control center is the worst thing in the universe second only to hilter and his dogs.

nvida must be to blame because they arent supporting amd cards with their drivers and must be intentionally crippling them.

Getting most out of a product is different thing from deliberately crippling performance. I mean, a R9 290X barely outperformed a 280X in Watch Dogs, in fact, most times it actually runs worse, while a 780Ti was clearly ahead when compared to a 770. If that's not deliberately crippling performance, I'm not sure what it is. BF4 was optimized for AMD, yet nVidia cards actually have competitive performance on DX11, same as every other AMD optimized game out there.

RazorDragon said:
justgames7604 said:
Vasto said:
JEMC said:

Getting most out of a product is different thing from deliberately crippling performance. I mean, a R9 290X barely outperformed a 280X in Watch Dogs, in fact, most times it actually runs worse, while a 780Ti was clearly ahead when compared to a 770. If that's not deliberately crippling performance, I'm not sure what it is. BF4 was optimized for AMD, yet nVidia cards actually have competitive performance on DX11, same as every other AMD optimized game out there.

That's called bad developers and bad AMD drivers. Not crippling preformance on purpose. There are AMD ready games that run bad on nvidia cards too, but in this case there was no deliberate cripling. It's pathetic to suggest so. If you want legitimate proof of a company crippling their competitor go look at intel.

Almost all hardware gives an amazing gaming experience these days. PC gaming is easier than ever.