By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs more studios BADLY!

Do you think Sony needs more studios?

Yes, they definitely need more studios 131 28.73%

No, they have plenty of studios 225 49.34%

Neither because their stu... 98 21.49%

Total:454

They supported the PS3 right up until the end with exclusives last year like Ratchet and Clank, GT6, Two Souls, GOW and The Last of Us. This is simply a recovery year, just as 2012 was... still plenty coming, just not 2014. Also games are gonna take longer to develop then ever before for studios who intend to PUSH next hardware..

Around the Network

Yeah, they could use some more talent. Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch and............the GT team are all great developers, but some more could only be a great thing for gamers.

Nothing is going on at Sony. Look how many games they released 2013 on PS3. Games take time. These devs need to rotate releases. Also you have to consider that Sony do psn games aswell.

Resogun is probably the best launch game Sony have ever created.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

true_fan said:
Sony is struggling financially and Yoshida already said to expect less AAA games on ps4. Yoshida is happy with the indie games, so expect those to be the focus of the console moving forward.

No he wasn't referring to the PS4. He was talking about the Vita.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

ikki5 said:

yeah but... with what money. Really the PS4 is the only thing doing well for them. The rest are mediocre of tanking and by this time next year, it is hard to see what the PS4 is going to be doing because consoles as a whole are tanking as well.

I don't think you know what the word "tanking" means. Consoles might not be doing as good as they used to (I honestly don't know either way) but they're far from tanking.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Then theres the fact that their developers are also making vita games.

Only 2 teams in SCE Japan Studio are making games for the Vita. All studios are solely focused on the PS4.

No one cares about those games you listed anyway, so no, they don't need more studios. Uncharted and Infamous are fine and give PS owners something to brag about, but almost everyone buying PS4 are doing so for Watch_Dogs, Destiny or COD. Or FIFA. Sony purposely doesn't make a lot of games so that third parties can thrive as the focus. It's their model, and it's working fine. I do think they could use an exclusive RPG like FF used to be though, a real deep system-selling epic. They should form a studio to make it or buy the exclusivity of one.

platformmaster918 said:

Ratchet ACiT, ToD, Nexus, and Q4B; Uncharted 1-3, Killzone 2, GoW 3 and Ascesion, Infamous 1 and 2, Resistance 3, Puppeteer, Sly 4, Twisted Metal, Heavy Rain, Beyond, Flower, and Journey are exclusives I've kept in my permanent collection because they're QUALITY.  The ones that I would keep were I a 360 owner (because I've played all their big name exclusive through for the most part) are Halo 3 and 4, Gears 1-3, Fable 2, L4D 1 and 2, and maybe a Forza.

That's 20 vs. 9 in terms of quality and I was pretty inclusive with my MS list even counting a racer I'll probably never get.  Does Xbox have preferred exclusives for many people?  Yes, but not everyone.  Most people agree at this point that Sony's marketing hurts their sales badly for many of their mid-tier games like Puppeteer and Sly 4.  Did you see a single commercial for those games?  Why was Puppeteer released a week before GTA5?  These are the kind of things that really hurt their games and many of them appear on Plus which cuts off the legs like Infamous 2.  So you can't use simple sales especially Sony delivers so many that it makes their sales more spread out.  Their quality is fine and given how many people have never HEARD of half the games I mentioned for the Sony side their problem is obviously bad PR because once though people got a taste many of them ended up buying those same games.

That's just how I feel and not a whole lot of people respected killzone, infamous, resistance, puppeteer, sly 4, twisted metal, and beyond. Sure uncharted maybe a great game but I just don't like it for the most part. Out of that list the only games that I would care for are god of war 3 and heavy rain much like how I only care about xbox for Halo since I don't give a damn about fable or gears. 

All I'm saying is that Sony should focus on less titles while increasing quality with them to make the new IPs more memorable ...

method114 said:
ikki5 said:

yeah but... with what money. Really the PS4 is the only thing doing well for them. The rest are mediocre of tanking and by this time next year, it is hard to see what the PS4 is going to be doing because consoles as a whole are tanking as well.

I don't think you know what the word "tanking" means. Consoles might not be doing as good as they used to (I honestly don't know either way) but they're far from tanking.

um... yeah they are.  With the consoles all reletively new on the market and they are all not doing great now. it is only going to get worse. I'd call that tanking

I remember a thread with somewhat exclusive PS4 games.... there were a lot of things on that list.
Wither way, no, I don't think they need more studios.