By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pakidan101 said:

Well, like I said, I don't believe it...it could mostly likely be that the calender is incomplete, like most ancient artifacts...remember, this is all predictions and suppositions.....just like the theory of evolution

Evolution is a theory in the same way gravity is a theory. A theory is the highest truth amongst the scientific community. The word "fact" simply is not in the vocabulary and for a variety reasons. The world ending in 12/21/2012 (doesn't look so coindidental when put like that does it?) is no where near as valid an idea as evolution.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
December 21st 2012 will be definatly much more interesting then January 1st 2000.

HAHA! Yea, Definitely! I remember a lot of my friends freaking out about y2k and then when it didnt happen...

though this date seems to have more 'possibility' behind it.hehe Although I don't believe the world will actually end, I can't really prove nothing will happen and there are many interesting theories on it ( some already mentioned). 

Gnizmo said:
pakidan101 said:

Well, like I said, I don't believe it...it could mostly likely be that the calender is incomplete, like most ancient artifacts...remember, this is all predictions and suppositions.....just like the theory of evolution

Evolution is a theory in the same way gravity is a theory. A theory is the highest truth amongst the scientific community. The word "fact" simply is not in the vocabulary and for a variety reasons. The world ending in 12/21/2012 (doesn't look so coindidental when put like that does it?) is no where near as valid an idea as evolution.

Ya it is because we were genetically enhanced :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Gamerace said:
12/21/12 is just the end of the Mayan long calendar, which doesn't signify anything at all except that you start the calender over.

As for some of the other stuff that's tossed around for this date, magnetic poles switching, crossing the galactic plane, sun activity... please!! These are all things which have already happened repeatedly through human history. Sun activity being 11 years, and the others in tens of thousands of years, but still, humans are estimated to be 1m years old on the planet, so obviously, none of this will matter in the big scheme of things or we'd have died out long ago.

I haven't seen one convincing bit of evidence that that date means anything at all, except I now only have 4 more days to shop before Christmas, and that will probably be the biggest calamity.

That really needed to be bolded. I was going to post the excact same thing. In Mayan culture, the end of a calendar meant end of an old era and a start for new, which is the excact same as in farming cultures calendars what spring represents (actually spring usually started the new year), or just like today when new year starts and you make promises for new year. Old era ends and new starts. About the video AoA posted, i'm not going to point out what was wrong and how things do not relate to each other or the topic, but could someone, who knows how to, edit the video so, that it reads in the end "i blame Wii Fit" and "for more information visit Wii.com" instead of what it reads in the end right now during the explosion. Edit: Oh, and of course fix the 21.12.2012 to Wii Fits release dates.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

i love that song=) what is it called??
OT : i think we will be killed by a meteor in 2019

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Does WiiHD launch on that day?
That will be the end of the world as we know it. (Great song btw)

So PS3 domination begins Dec 21st 2012 = confirmed?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Nope Nostradamus is full of crap...

Yup the mayan long count count calender the one always sighted for teh end of teh world was in fact a calender built around astronomy and the belief that ince a wobble is finshed the world would enter a new era. It is similiar to astrology (every 2000 years we enter the age of X{capricorn, aquarious, pieces whatever}). Many ancient cultures learned about precision through astronomy and applied significance to it(indians, Sumeians and Mayans new about it and the egyptians most likely did). 2012 is not the end of the world. However people get the feeling because as we progress and earn about how theworld works we can see the problems that we cause in it. Overpopulation versus resources pollution versus argiculture and so forth. Also the fact that many religons have an end of the world prophecies with signs that propegate the idea that mankind will come to an end it is easy to believe this stuff. As for the Mayan calender we will be emtering the 13th era and since the calender is based on a 12 number system it appears to be the end but it really is just the end of the calendar.

The only thing that will cause the destruction of mankind is stagnation or idocracy.

J said:
O-D-C said:
December 21st 2012 will be definatly much more interesting then January 1st 2000.

HAHA! Yea, Definitely! I remember a lot of my friends freaking out about y2k and then when it didnt happen...

though this date seems to have more 'possibility' behind it.hehe Although I don't believe the world will actually end, I can't really prove nothing will happen and there are many interesting theories on it ( some already mentioned). 

My dad turned off the power to the house when the countdown hit zero :'(

I was scared...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."