By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Featured at the Academy Awards

And the last product that was advertised for payment during the Academy Awards was???

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo paid for it, I mean all that work for a 15 second joke? Unless they are really desperate to waste time...

What work? It's the Oscars. Hooking up a video game system was probably the easiest part of the night.

Anyways, it's still not as cool as when Alan and Denny played Wii tennis on Boston Legal. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

@fkusumot

I say.....ignorance? I'm not very good at this game to be quite honest.

Anyways, yeah this was highly unexpected...I mean, we all know that the Wii is getting more and more fame all over the world....but the Oscars!?!? This is crazy good! I know the PS1 and PS2 were famous, I know Halo and the Xbox got famous with their heavy (oversaturated IMO) advertising, but this....this is quite astonishing in my opinion.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Awesome! That was great.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

If Nintendo payed for that Ad they would of had their wrist straps on.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
If Nintendo payed for that Ad they would of had their wrist straps on.

And a huge Nintendo Logo on the screen, plus the Wii on stage.

I always spell paid with payed, I'm an embarrassment to the forums.

Mars said:
nin payed out of their ass for that.

You're probably right.  Nintendo is suffering right now and needs help with publicity and must go on a massive advertising blitz to salvage the Wii.

Aj_habfan said:
I wouldn't completly doubt that Nintendo paid for it, I mean all that work for a 15 second joke? Unless they are really desperate to waste time...

Any other product and I would say you were right. Hell, later in the Wii's lifespan and I would agree. The Wii right now though does not seem like the kind of product you shell out the huge amounts of money to advertise for 15 seconds. They recently pulled Wii ads due to not wanting to over-advertise the product due to shortages. I gotta assume it was just Jon Stewart wanting to make a joke.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ArtofAngels said:
I always spell paid with payed, I'm an embarrassment to the forums.

Hey man, don't worry about it....Hooked-On-Phonics doesn't always work....

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)