By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

Doesn't change the fact that this week is not good for anyone really.

Never said it was, just somebody said 3DS was on top then your reply came in with something totally different :0

Around the Network
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:
Bad week is bad.

It's not a bad week for Nintendo ;)

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:
Is Mario Kart 8 a bigger system seller than a $100 price cut? I prefer to wait for July NPD.

Not saying WiiU will be close to X1 or anything but X1 was already kinda $400 to begin with. Titanfall Bundle has sold alot and it was  $450

I know, it's just that I always had(and still have) the impression that an official pricecut( a big one) normally have a better effect than deals and discounts.

It's been a while since I've seen the 3DS being no. 1.
Those are some weak ass sales.

sully1311 said:
cheshirescat said:
enditall727 said:
Did X1 get a commercial with it's price drop?

Only commercial I've seen for xbone is the one with the breaking bad guy, and that prominently features the kinect so it wouldn't make sense advertising the new sku with that campaign.

That's the one they've got in the UK now, it advertises the new price at the end. Looking at YT, its the same for the US.

Ah, so they don't even mention that it's kinectless, I suppose that makes sense.  I'm usually reading through commercials (or just when the tv is on at all really) so I could have easily glazed over that.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

Never said it was, just somebody said 3DS was on top then your reply came in with something totally different :0

I don't really see how my reply was something totally different. I mean chart position are fine and all but aren't the actual sales what's important?

Dem Mario Kart 8 legs. 

DerNebel said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:
Bad week is bad.

It's not a bad week for Nintendo ;)

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

ok everyone remember the real question is
will the xbox last like this or go back down or up
will the wii u have a new baseline
will the ps4 get back over 100k next week
find out in the next episode of
VG CHARTZ HW SALES!
(in dragon ball narrator voice)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

I don't really see how my reply was something totally different. I mean chart position are fine and all but aren't the actual sales what's important?

Yes of course, but the person you replied to said nothing of the sort! (Didnt say 3ds sales were doing great or its up YoY). Thats where im getting at!