By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

DerNebel said:
Bad week is bad.

It's not a bad week for Nintendo ;)

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Did X1 get a commercial with it's price drop?

Definitely has in the UK. On all the time, especially during World Cup matches.

enditall727 said:

Only commercial I've seen for xbone is the one with the breaking bad guy, and that prominently features the kinect so it wouldn't make sense advertising the new sku with that campaign.

Wait this was the Xbox One's first week of price cut? if so, really bad numbers to be honest.. though numbers are bad all around!

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

Kind of a sad king, if you compare it to the same week last year.

Kinda uncalled for bro... Its number 1 this week (though likely overtracked), no need to downplay it :-/

Oh, come on. Are we so sensitive already that we can't point something like this out?

Ok, I'll checked again and realized that this exact week was the week of the western Animal Crossing release which boosted numbers massively, so I guess overall the 3DS isn't  that much down over summer of last year.

Doesn't change the fact that this week is not good for anyone really.

Around the Network

Was not expecting those number from the XBO. I thought they would do at least 100k more. PS4 under 100k.....not a good week overall

cheshirescat said:
enditall727 said:

Only commercial I've seen for xbone is the one with the breaking bad guy, and that prominently features the kinect so it wouldn't make sense advertising the new sku with that campaign.

That's the one they've got in the UK now, it advertises the new price at the end. Looking at YT, its the same for the US.

cheshirescat said:

That commercial is on literally all the time, though.  Seriously, if you watch the World Cup on ITV it'll be every single ad break.

They do put "Xbox One: Now from £349" at the end of it, to be fair.

Vena said:
Angelv577 said:
Is Mario Kart 8 a bigger system seller than a $100 price cut? I prefer to wait for July NPD.

Mario Kart is a game, a sale isn't going to make you buy a system without a game to play.

That and the rather large exposure the WiiU has received from MK8 streams, youtube, and reddit word-of-mouth.

Reddit is constantly uptalking Nintendo, wouldn't bet on that making a huge difference.

For those interested here's the UK ad: