By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

The price drop only affected the NA region for Xbox One. Wii U still alive and kicking. PS4 got dethroned from top spot because of poor Japan sales

Around the Network

The opening post has a slight mistake: The PS4 was leading in hardware sales with a slight margin, not the Xbox One

PS4 still the top selling home console, 3DS enjoying a short day in the sun due to AC, wiiu plummeting as expected, X1 bump nowhere near as the usual faces here had hoped, underlined by many of them avoiding the thread entirely.

Basically, fully expected week.

Zekkyou said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

68k + 103k= 171k

99k+31k=130k

??

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Zekkyou said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

But Sony's in first place, nothing else matters. 

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Zekkyou said:

68k + 103k= 171k

99k+31k=130k

??

PS4 + PS4 + Vita/PSP = 192k

WiiU + 3DS + Wii = 177k

Summary: Everything sold terribly :p

Zekkyou said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Zekkyou said:

68k + 103k= 171k

99k+31k=130k

??

PS4 + PS4 + Vita/PSP = 192k

WiiU + 3DS + Wii = 177k

Summary: Everything sold terribly :p

i was only doing 8th gen consoles

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Im just surprised by the Wii U outselling XB1 even with the XB1 price drop. I just hope Wii U's base is at least 50k. Or 60k. PS4 shows a vague sign of slowing down but still dominating the home console front. Im even more surprised at the amount of people not talking about MK8 dominating the charts.

awesomeabe1998 said:
Im just surprised by the Wii U outselling XB1 even with the XB1 price drop. I just hope Wii U's base is at least 50k. Or 60k. PS4 shows a vague sign of slowing down but still dominating the home console front. Im even more surprised at the amount of people not talking about MK8 dominating the charts.

imo mk8 is doing pretty well already got 200k in US for june so far

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

imo mk8 is doing pretty well already got 200k in US for june so far

It is also helping Wii U too. The decline in sales are getting smaller week after week. Hope MK8 has long legs that help the Wii U stand.