By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suda 51 has “no plans” to develop for Nintendo systems- After all the Sales we gave you on the Wii!!!!!!

lets be real those NMH games didnt exactly set the charts on fire, especially after you consider that alot of those sales came from bargain bin. And after the sales of the sequel i dont blame him for not doing another.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
Good. Now hopefully Suda can bring all his games in new and improved forms to the PS4 where they should sell much better. I would really like to see No More Heroes 1 and 2 Remastered as PS4 exclusives with traditional controls. Because, if for no other reason, that blonde gal from the No More Heroes series would be even more smoking on PS4. And can I get a Lollipop Chainsaw 2 Exclusive for PS4 too? That would kick serious a**!

Erm have you played No more Heroes with traditional controls? Definately better suited to the wiimote/move controls. I know this because No more heroes had a ps3 release that didn't sell as well as the wii version, so I doubt a release on PS4 would sell much better.

oniyide said:
lets be real those NMH games didnt exactly set the charts on fire, especially after you consider that alot of those sales came from bargain bin. And after the sales of the sequel i dont blame him for not doing another.

NMH outsold everything else Suda did, except for Lollipop Chainsaw. And that game only sold as well as it did because WB gave it a good-sized marketing push. Shadows of the Damned failed right out of the gate despite being on both PS3 and 360 and being published by EA, although EA didn't give a shit about it.

His games are interesting, but they're not big sellers regardless of platform. The PS4 and/or Xbox One aren't going to change that.

Nintendo needs to reconvince their loyalists to buy third party on their platform because this is the result of years of self sabotage.

Blob said:
EdHieron said:
Good. Now hopefully Suda can bring all his games in new and improved forms to the PS4 where they should sell much better. I would really like to see No More Heroes 1 and 2 Remastered as PS4 exclusives with traditional controls. Because, if for no other reason, that blonde gal from the No More Heroes series would be even more smoking on PS4. And can I get a Lollipop Chainsaw 2 Exclusive for PS4 too? That would kick serious a**!

Erm have you played No more Heroes with traditional controls? Definately better suited to the wiimote/move controls. I know this because No more heroes had a ps3 release that didn't sell as well as the wii version, so I doubt a release on PS4 would sell much better.

yeah because the PS3 version didnt release like two years later. Funny how people want to forget that part.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
oniyide said:

NMH outsold everything else Suda did, except for Lollipop Chainsaw. And that game only sold as well as it did because WB gave it a good-sized marketing push. Shadows of the Damned failed right out of the gate despite being on both PS3 and 360 and being published by EA, although EA didn't give a shit about it.

His games are interesting, but they're not big sellers regardless of platform. The PS4 and/or Xbox One aren't going to change that.

Yeah so? Either the games are cheaply made so they dont need to sell much for him to continue, or maybe his games just dont sell and he's need to hang it up. Ill go with the former...for now. NMH being one of his top sellers doesnt make my initial statement wrong. And please, NMH got a good marketing push when it came out, lots of hype because it was a core Wii exclusive. and it still barely managed to go over 50k after years on the market with an install base of about 100mil. Those arent good sales no matter how you wanna spin it. 

Why do people keep bringin up PS4/One? I didnt say anything about it. He probably doesnt think his games will sell on Wii U, someone thinks that, which is why none are coming.

oniyide said:
SanAndreasX said:
oniyide said:

Yeah so? Either the games are cheaply made so they dont need to sell much for him to continue, or maybe his games just dont sell and he's need to hang it up. Ill go with the former...for now. NMH being one of his top sellers doesnt make my initial statement wrong. And please, NMH got a good marketing push when it came out, lots of hype because it was a core Wii exclusive. and it still barely managed to go over 50k after years on the market with an install base of about 100mil. Those arent good sales no matter how you wanna spin it. 

Why do people keep bringin up PS4/One? I didnt say anything about it. He probably doesnt think his games will sell on Wii U, someone thinks that, which is why none are coming.

NMH must have made profit, otherwise he wouldn't have made a second one and that's really all that matters, isn't it?

EDIT: doesn't mean I blame him for switching consoles.

Blob said:
EdHieron said:

It also had very little marketing and very little hype.  The Wii was for gamers that like whatever Wii games are.  But Playstation gamers are open to new hardcore experiences and innovative game titles that like to push the bleeding edge as far as mature ideas, etc. are concerned i. e. exactly the type of game Suda 51 makes.  With some marketing push and ads on PSN No More Heroes Collection Remastered on PS4 would easily sell better than it did on Wii ( especially if it was promised that Part 3 was going to be a Playstation exclusive ).

EdHieron said:
Blob said:

It also had very little marketing and very little hype.  The Wii was for gamers that like whatever Wii games are.  But Playstation gamers are open to new hardcore experiences and innovative game titles that like to push the bleeding edge as far as mature ideas, etc. are concerned i. e. exactly the type of game Suda 51 makes.  With some marketing push and ads on PSN No More Heroes Collection Remastered on PS4 would easily sell better than it did on Wii ( especially if it was promised that Part 3 was going to be a Playstation exclusive ).

Of course playstation gamers are, thats why all of Suda 51s games sold so well on PS3. The dirty wii casuals who liked "whatever wii games are" had no interest in NMH whatsoever despite it selling 500k, roughly the same as lollipop chainsaw did on PS3.  

Eh, I can't blame him but I'd prefer if he'd fully cross-platform release. He probably won't sell much more exclusive to any other platform, but if he releases on PS4/XBO his games have a decent shot at doubling whatever it could do on WiiU.