By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suda 51 has “no plans” to develop for Nintendo systems- After all the Sales we gave you on the Wii!!!!!!

ikki5 said:
Who?? Seems like a nobody to me

Around the Network

I'd imagine his games could quite possibly get more attention (and sales) on Wii U. They'll probably get lost among all the other dark "mature" games available for PS4 and Xbone. I thought none of his games sold well, but his best selling games were on the Wii? Even Fatal Frame IV that he co-directed was at the time the best selling game of the series in Japan.

Personally I enjoyed Killer 7, and really wanted to like Shadows of the Damned but never finished it.

mjo011 said:
I'd imagine his games could quite possibly get more attention (and sales) on Wii U. They'll probably get lost among all the other dark "mature" games available for PS4 and Xbone. I thought none of his games sold well, but his best selling games were on the Wii? Even Fatal Frame IV that he co-directed was at the time the best selling game of the series in Japan.

Personally I enjoyed Killer 7, and really wanted to like Shadows of the Damned but never finished it.

Their best selling game to date is Lollipop Chainsaw on PS360. Vgchartz has it at about 1 million and grasshopper themselves said they sold over a million copies, which is a huge success for them, considering that most of suda's other games don't even sell 500k.

TRAVIS!!! said:
mjo011 said:

Their best selling game to date is Lollipop Chainsaw on PS360. Vgchartz has it at about 1 million and grasshopper themselves said they sold over a million copies, which is a huge success for them, considering that most of suda's other games don't even sell 500k.

I did not know that, quite impressive really.

The spark in his games is gone. He had some genuinly interesting concepts and fucked up shit going for his games in the GameCube/PS2 era with Killer7 and Flower Sun and Rain....

but his latest games have been unbearable (on all platforms).

Around the Network
orniletter said:

The spark in his games is gone. He had some genuinly interesting concepts and fucked up shit going for his games in the GameCube/PS2 era with Killer7 and Flower Sun and Rain....

What was unbearable about Killer is Dead?

Wright said:
orniletter said:

What was unbearable about Killer is Dead?

It felt dull and by the numbers oh-so-Suda-weird to me. And the jiggolo mini game or whatever it was called .

Ugh.

TRAVIS!!! said:
mjo011 said:

You can chalk that up partly to the fact that WB Games released it in the US. And unlike Xseed (Killer is Dead) which is a small publisher with a limited marketing budget, and EA (SotD), which simply doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't EA Sports, Battlefield, or Titanfall, WB actually put some marketing into the game.

orniletter said:

It felt dull and by the numbers oh-so-Suda-weird to me. And the jiggolo mini game or whatever it was called .

Ugh.

Meh, I actually loved it. Swordplay was awesome, sidequest were funny and the giggolo minigame was kewl as well :P

Good. Now hopefully Suda can bring all his games in new and improved forms to the PS4 where they should sell much better. I would really like to see No More Heroes 1 and 2 Remastered as PS4 exclusives with traditional controls. Because, if for no other reason, that blonde gal from the No More Heroes series would be even more smoking on PS4. And can I get a Lollipop Chainsaw 2 Exclusive for PS4 too? That would kick serious a**!