By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - We were “dancing in the aisles” when Microsoft announced $499 Xbox One

Anfebious said:
Faust said:
Anfebious said:

Yes, they changed their bussiness plan in accordance to Microsoft plans. That's dirty and unfair, and doesn't promote healthy competition.

thats better for us as consumers. Besides Nintendo did the exact same thing twice so...

Nintendo priced the Wii U before the Xbox One and PS4 prices where released so they get a free pass. What they did before is inconsequential.

psvita $250.... U know what  happened next right?

btw the price drop of the wii u came after ps4's price was revealed so...

Around the Network
Faust said:
Anfebious said:
Faust said:
Anfebious said:

Yes, they changed their bussiness plan in accordance to Microsoft plans. That's dirty and unfair, and doesn't promote healthy competition.

thats better for us as consumers. Besides Nintendo did the exact same thing twice so...

Nintendo priced the Wii U before the Xbox One and PS4 prices where released so they get a free pass. What they did before is inconsequential.

But the Wii U was already cheaper than the PS4. So...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Heavenly Sigma said:
PS4 should keep the same price but add the camera.

So theu should use the tactic which costed Microsoft a lot of marketshare?  No.  Get the basic SKU down in orice as soon as possible.  That is how they need to compete. They can of course make bundles on the side with the camera but they should always focus on just the regular model. 

Anfebious said:
Liars, I bet they changed the price after Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox One. Dirty cheaters.

They are admitting that they were dancing just by hearing the Xbox One price. Even if that's very dickish from him, I doubt that they changed the price at the last minute. And hypothetically, if they changed the price at the last minute, they did what was best for business anyway.

Anfebious said:
Faust said:
Anfebious said:
Faust said:
Anfebious said:

But the Wii U was already cheaper than the PS4. So...

only 50 bucks cheaper which is very bad for a console that weak, and you know it. Besides thats not the point, dont change the subject.

So i have to ask.... Did you change your mind or something? or now you're gonna add Nintendo to your black list?

Around the Network

Guys, anfebious is obviously joking. He's poking fun of the people who said sony made a bunch of last minute changes due to what ms did

sully1311 said:
Anfebious said:

Yeah, cheaters. That's what they call to those people who don't play by the rules and Sony did that exactly.

So because they announced a lower price to the X1, they are cheating?

It's ok, Anfebious is a chronic sufferer of sarcastitis.

It still boggles my mind how dumb M$ could be for making the exact same mistake Sony did at the beginning of the last generation. They could have easily launched the X1 at $399, and then sometime later released Kinect 2.0 once they had some decent software ready for it and could market it to the expanded / casual gaming audience the same way they did with the first one.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

If there is a cycle we can count on in the gaming industry, it's one of the console manufacturers getting arrogant because of past success. It's happened with Nintendo, Sony, and now Microsoft thought they were in a position where they could dictate terms to the market. A lesson in humility always seems to result from that.

Anfebious said:
Liars, I bet they changed the price after Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox One. Dirty cheaters.

Yeah, I'm sure their investers would've really been pleased with that gameplan.

I am the Playstation Avenger.