By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm thinking about getting a PS4. I have questions.

Dgc1808 said:

Not sure if your question has been answered yet. From what I understand so far:

1) No. White controller, yes. As far as the console, there's no yes confirmed. Mostly this is a limited edition bundle.

2) In the case of Destiny, yes... I think. I remember hearing that you don't. In the alpha, you didn't need PS+.The way it worked in the Alpha: You can play the main story without PS+. There's competitive multiplayer that requires PS+. There's also multiplayer co-op missions called "Strikes" that require PS+. 

Clueless on No Man's Sky.

3) I can't recommend anything I haven't played myself. I'll tell you that I'm hyped for Witcher 3, MGS5 and FarCry4 at the moment. Everything else I can think of is 1st party.

Aw man. It was the co-op that I was really interested in, as my friend has a PS4 and is going to get Destiny. Oh well. As for No Man's Sky, I just hope it's like Journey, where the experience is enchanced by multiplayer, but can be played with in single player.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

I haven't even read your post but this is the answer to everything:

Not a fan of Naughty Dogs games... so... yeah... I think they're really overrated...

I'll give you a couple of reasons of why you shouldn't get a PS4:

$399 The price seems nice but it isn't. With that kind of money you can buy condoms,chocolate,books,alcohol, etc. in short better and healthier entertainment than playing videogames.

PS exclusives. Don't get me wrong, I love PS exclusives to death but I feel they are inferior when you compare them to Nintendo or even Microsoft exclusive games.

The controller. It has a light bar that you can't turn off.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

spemanig said:
Aldro said:

I haven't even read your post but this is the answer to everything:

Not a fan of Naughty Dogs games... so... yeah... I think they're really overrated...

So chocolate + alcohol for $400 is now healthier than playing video games?

Around the Network

Anfebious said:
I'll give you a couple of reasons of why you shouldn't get a PS4:

$399 The price seems nice but it isn't. With that kind of money you can buy condoms,chocolate,books,alcohol, etc. in short better and healthier entertainment than playing videogames.

PS exclusives. Don't get me wrong, I love PS exclusives to death but I feel they are inferior when you compare them to Nintendo or even Microsoft exclusive games.

The controller. It has a light bar that you can't turn off.

1. WTF?  Dude, we are on a VIDEO GAMES forum!  Want to get drunk and use condoms?  That is another site, sir!

2. Debateable at best.  I would take a "God of War" or "Uncharted" over ANYTHING Microsoft has exclusive...which is what exactly?  Halo?  Any others?  Nintendo exclusives...yeah, OK, I am still a fan of Nintendo's games...

3.  There is a reason for the light bar...VR will make use of it.  Until that comes out, there is a REALLY easy and CHEAP fix...electrical tape.  Take you all of 5 minutes to fix if it bothers you that much!

Aldro said:

Conina said:
So chocolate + alcohol for $400 is now healthier than playing video games?

Yes, it is. The kind of damage that videogames cause in sompe people's brains is worse than alcohol.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

spemanig said:
Dgc1808 said:

Not sure if your question has been answered yet. From what I understand so far:

1) No. White controller, yes. As far as the console, there's no yes confirmed. Mostly this is a limited edition bundle.

2) In the case of Destiny, yes... I think. I remember hearing that you don't. In the alpha, you didn't need PS+.The way it worked in the Alpha: You can play the main story without PS+. There's competitive multiplayer that requires PS+. There's also multiplayer co-op missions called "Strikes" that require PS+. 

Clueless on No Man's Sky.

3) I can't recommend anything I haven't played myself. I'll tell you that I'm hyped for Witcher 3, MGS5 and FarCry4 at the moment. Everything else I can think of is 1st party.

Aw man. It was the co-op that I was really interested in, as my friend has a PS4 and is going to get Destiny. Oh well. As for No Man's Sky, I just hope it's like Journey, where the experience is enchanced by multiplayer, but can be played with in single player.

You can still run into your friends in the open world, but yea, no strike missions...

I'm in a similar situation to you. Most of my gaming is done on PC and I really only have the PS4 single-player console exclusives (Though destiny is very intersting to me and I keep PS+ for the freebies. They've been worth).

I haven't read through the thread yet and I will. I'm curious, is there a particular reason you don't want first party suggestions?

4 ≈ One

spemanig said:
enditall727 said:

So maybe you should get an X1. You dont like PS exclusives so maybe you'll like the exclusives Microsoft has to offer. They also will be getting the same multiplats as PS4.

X1 also just dropped it's price to $399 so it's basically the same price as the PS4. 

Get an X1( and this is coming from a PS guy).

I like less exclusives on the XBO than on the PS4. I like Sunset Overdrive, and Killer Instinkt. That's pretty much it for now. Also, I like JRPGs... so... yeah... Also, while I don't care for graphics, I do care about performance. If there are more PS4 games running at a higher framerate, that makes me lean more towards the PS4. I definitely haven't ruled the XBO out since I like it's controller better and I REALLY want Killer Instinkt, the PS4 seems like the better choice for my preferences, and there's no guarantee that Sunset Overdrive will remain exclusive, or not just be Dead Rising with grinding.

Ok well just dont be trying to act brand new if you do decide to get one. Dont be trying to claim how dissapointed you are of the PS4 because of exclusives and how it's "collecting dust" and how you feel you wasted your money on it. 

Just dont be one of those stealth guys who buys a system only to turn around and TRASH IT.