By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto vs Hideo Kojima vs Hironobu Sakaguchi. The Rating Game.

Biggest Influence - Hideo vs Hironobu vs Shigeru.

Hideo is my hero forever. 56 13.18%

Miyamoto is a #1. 309 72.71%

Sakaguchi tops them all. 35 8.24%

These old guys are ll washed up. 15 3.53%

Wait, who are these men again ? 10 2.35%

Total:425

I find Hideo Kojima to be highly overrated.

Around the Network

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Miyamoto as the most influential is being a fanboy. He's definitely the most influential. He also happens to be my favorite. Zelda has had the biggest influence on me personally, but Mario has had the biggest influence on the industry as a whole. Miyamoto is the Walt Disney of video games. I can understand why people like the other two, but in terms of objectively measurable levels of influence on the gaming industry, Miyamoto is the one true king now and forever.

1. Miyamoto
2. Metal Gear Solid

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Miyamato the creative genius behind Mario, Zelda, etc. Is hands down the greatest developer/creator/innovator in video games history. Miyamoto has helped create hundreds of games over the 30+ year career at Nintendo. Kojima is the creator of Metal Gear Solid series: you with love stealth or hate stealth games. I have not heard of the others on that list.

Miyamoto

The two most played games of my childhood though were games spawned from Mario/Nintendo games, and Miyamoto technically was a producer of them; Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Around the Network

You really shouldn't have put Miyamoto as one of the choices. It was obvious he would win by far.

Next time, just put Sakaguchi vs. Kojima =P

Miyamoto is number one, easily. Then Hironobu Sakaguchi.

Who vote Miyamoto but not considered as a Nintendo fanboy?

SanAndreasX said:
Miyamoto is number one, easily. Then Hironobu Saka

Indeed, Miyamoto is a genius, but to many gamers around the world, FF & MGS stand as superior titles over Mario. 

I'm just saying.

Twilord said:
sabastian said:
Twilord said:
Miyamoto.

Ocarina of Time made me want to be a game designer... so that. Then again it was another of his games that made me a life-long gamer in the first place and which I consider better...

What game is that ?

Super Mario World on the SNES. I don't remember what the first game I played on SNES was (it may even have been that but it there were a number of other ones in our library by the time I started playing with my older brother), but that game was the first one I truly fell in love with. Also, all hail Yoshi!

Of all the mario games that I have ever played, Super Mario 3 is still the only one that I can tolerate. However, the original The Legend Of Zelda still to this day holds a soft spot in my heart.....

But damb that Metal Gear Solid on Playstation 1.