Super Mario World 5 1.55%

Super Mario 64 16 4.97%

Super Mario Sunshine 87 27.02%

Super Mario Galaxy 6 1.86%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 7 2.17%

Super Mario 3D Land 42 13.04%

Super Mario 3D World 13 4.04%

Total:321

Eff every one of you that voted Mario 2. So what if it's a completely different game with Mario characters swapped for the original game sprites? The gameplay is classic with it being the first to allow Mario & company to pick up objects and enemies instead of just jumping on them (which is implemented in just about every main Mario game since), and it introduced many of the series' staple enemies like Shy Guys and Bob-ombs.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Eff every one of you that voted Mario 2. So what if it's a completely different game with Mario characters swapped for the original game sprites? The gameplay is classic with it being the first to allow Mario & company to pick up objects and enemies instead of just jumping on them (which is implemented in just about every main Mario game since), and it introduced many of the series' staple enemies like Shy Guys and Bob-ombs.

Not only that but it was the first Mario to introduce 4 playable characters and have each with their own skill set.  

Mario 3D World on the Wii U still uses the 'quick' Toad, 'floaty' Peach, 'high jump' Luigi and 'balanced' Mario. 

foxtail said:
NightDragon83 said:

Not only that but it was the first Mario to introduce 4 playable characters and have each with their own skill set.  

Mario 3D World on the Wii U still uses the 'quick' Toad, 'floaty' Peach, 'high jump' Luigi and 'balanced' Mario. 

Good point.  Mario 2 is the Jon Snow of Mario games... it might be a bastard child, but it's one of the strongest installments of the Mario family's legacy.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

3D land, absolute tripe.

Sunshine easily.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I like all PLATO-fromer

Ain't no Sunshine when she's gone.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I'd be kind of unfair to vote 3D Land or SMB2 US IMO, so I'll go with Mario 64. I don't like walking around for no good reason, I'd rather get straight to the platforming.

If I had to choose, probably SMB2. I don't get why people dislike Sunshine so much. It wasn't the best, but still :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Super Mario Sunshine. It made me think that it was the Mario I always dreamed of: open world in a cool setting and instead I got a horrible fludd thing, the horrible camera and the lacking platforming (no long jump, why???)