By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

....why not just buy the whole game instead?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Gross...I don't know, I think renting a game for a week for $8 is not unreasonable, especially if they build out the system to support all tablets and smart tvs.

$15 - $30 should be the equivalent of purchasing a game, not 30 - 90 days of access. Hence, only offering rental options is a joke for that kind of money.

When I buy a game on the PS Store I have unlimited access. That's the way it should be on PS Now.

Isn't this the same company that mocked MS about borrowing games? PS Now is even worse.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The only way PS Now is going to take off, is if Sony offers a subscription model. Say $5-$10 a month per publisher. This way you can pick and choose which publisher's games you want to pay for. So, $5-$10 for all Sony games on Now. $5-$10 for all SE games on Now. And so on. Sony could keep $1-4 from every publisher's sub, and give $4-$6 to the publishers willing to put their games on the service. This would be for back catalogs, of course. Publishers would still be able to price newer games to their liking.

I think they made that 4 hour price so ridiculous so people automatically jump to the next tier. I have a hard time believing that this system will last. Didn't Sony announce this service also for certain TV's at E3? This is not going anywhere, just like the Vita, and Vita TV.

DerNebel said:
poklane said:
1). Cut the 4 hour option, nobody wants a game for 4 hours.
2). Lower prices
3). 2 weeks option
4). Unlimited time option
My suggestions for improvement

So...uh a buy option?

If the rental prices are this bad, just how much will Sony charge for the actual game?? Anyone would come out better buying on the games on ebay and getting a used PS2. 

Around the Network
Suke said:
....why not just buy the whole game instead?

My point exactly, $15 max for any given PS2 game on Amazon, and $30 for a used PS2. These prices ARE crazy. 

Rental? what about a purchase forever option?

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Those prices totally killed my boner. Not that I had a hard on for this service to begin with. But now it's completely flat lined.

Mr Puggsly said:
DerNebel said:

Gross...I don't know, I think renting a game for a week for $8 is not unreasonable, especially if they build out the system to support all tablets and smart tvs.

$15 - $30 should be the equivalent of purchasing a game, not 30 - 90 days of access. Hence, only offering rental options is a joke for that kind of money.

When I buy a game on the PS Store I have unlimited access. That's the way it should be on PS Now.

Isn't this the same company that mocked MS about borrowing games? PS Now is even worse.

Letting you rent games is now worse than not letting you simply lend or resell your bought games? Ok...

Prices might be too steep and a full purchase option would be nice, let's see how they deal with this, after all this is a beta, which is there to sort out problems. Though one can't forget that there are probably very high ongoing server costs with this, I just doubt that they'll want you to be able to buy those games and then stream them forever thus creating ongoing costs for them without you paying. So I really wouldn't hold my breath for a full purchase option, a Netflix like subscription model might be a solution though.

Bwahahhaaha! One hype train Im glad I didn't hop on to. Shake them pockets Sony!