By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

DerNebel said:

Yeah, you really don't seem to understand how rentals work. Renting a movie for 90 days wouldn't be cheaper than buying it either, that's not how it works.

I'm aware of how renting works and as I've pointed out in both comments you've quoted, people could just purchase them for cheaper  than renting them for the outrageous prices they're asking. 

When renting movies off of the PSN or TV episodes.  There's also the option to purchase them.  It's more than a retail copy of that same movie but still.  So why doesn't Sony add a purchase model for PSN Now?

Around the Network

Too expensive for me and most I would assume. I can get most games forever for less than 30$ a few months after being released.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Mr Puggsly said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, you really don't seem to understand how rentals work. Renting a movie for 90 days wouldn't be cheaper than buying it either, that's not how it works.

The problem is Sony chose to only offer rental options. Its a money grab and people feel its gross.

I remember when Sony bought Gaikai people actually thought they would be able to play all their PSN purchases. I knew that wouldn't be the case, but this is worse than I imagined.

Gross...I don't know, I think renting a game for a week for $8 is not unreasonable, especially if they build out the system to support all tablets and smart tvs.

Who for the love of wants to play games with LAG???

They could be free for eternity that I wouldn't thouch this with a Power Gloved ten foot pole!!! I mean, even for a turnbased RPG I would find unbearable having input lag, for action games it's plain hell!!!
Pay for input LAG, downgraded graphics & screen tearing??? Have gamers gone mad???

The issues here should be (in no particular order): Always connected console, no internet=no game, you don't own the game & have the use of it for a limited time, input LAG, downgraded graphics, screen tearing, connections hick-ups, ultra long loading time, did I mention input LAG???

I mean, if any game company tried to pull something near that kind of hideous specs on a retail game disc, everyone would (rightly) howl & foam of rage, $30 for input lag, downgraded graphics, stream issues & atrocious loading times... gamers better get smart, after being sold beta consoles, beta games, now this poop!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Netflix like subscription would be so much better, as long as the option exists I'm not really bothered, but the pricing is really funky imo

THIS. Or at least some sort of a basket purchase plan that gives you some flexible picks. "Pick 7 games, swap one once a week. Monthly price: $30" would have me sold in a heartbeat. Accessing one game for $15 a month, though, is kinda nuts. XIII-2's going price is $18.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

I'm aware of how renting works and as I've pointed out in both comments you've quoted, people could just purchase them for cheaper  than renting them for the outrageous prices they're asking. 

When renting movies off of the PSN or TV episodes.  There's also the option to purchase them.  It's more than a retail copy of that same movie but still.  So why doesn't Sony add a purchase model for PSN Now?

Because the whole thing is an unfinished Beta at the moment?

4 hours for 5 dollars? Seems perfect for JRPG's.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

KLXVER said:
Intrinsic said:
KLXVER said:

So, you pay for one game at a time...? I thought you paid one subscription and you could access whatever game you want...

Problem with the subcription model is third party support. If they do that no publisher would want to put up their games on the service anytime soon. Making you pay for content directly basically means that they can have access to every game out there.

Then how does the "free" games for PSN Plus work...?

Those games are paid for, in the case of indies that are new. everything else are usually games that are at least 1yr plus old and then some. And even those are paid for too. If you want fairly new games, then this is the ebst way to do it. Unless you are ready to pay much higher subscription fees.

But don't fret, its still in beta now anyways, theer is no telling that they couldn't make it a subscription service later.

Yeah, they need to fix that.

PS Now is going to fail hard unless Sony comes up with better prices.

Either that, or at least let us stream games we already own. I have tons of games I bought digitally that I would love to stream on my PS4.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC