By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 60 is definitely playable, but its not ideal

Damn mostly ever gamer now is either graphics aint up to par or framerate hurts my eyes; when did gamers get so snobby god damn!

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I prefer 60 fps on Racing and Fighting games cause every frame matters in those types of games as well as response time and 60 fps for me looks generally more smoother than 30 does... With that being said, not every game needs 60 fps to look great but for me, racing games and fighting games is a must for 60 fps and I am sure if most people played a game in 30 fps and then 60 fps, they can tell the difference. Here are some examples

http://30vs60.com/dirt3.php

Just convinces me even more that 60 fps is barely an improvement unless a lot of fast paced stuff is going on. That's the only real time you will see a difference. 

More than 60fps = best, but we don't see much 60+hz TV screens, do we? PC is where it's at in that regard. 60fps = ideal, 30 = least ideal, less than 30 = unplayable (most of the time).

Maybe im old but I still find 22fps to be fine.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
veritaz said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I prefer 60 fps on Racing and Fighting games cause every frame matters in those types of games as well as response time and 60 fps for me looks generally more smoother than 30 does... With that being said, not every game needs 60 fps to look great but for me, racing games and fighting games is a must for 60 fps and I am sure if most people played a game in 30 fps and then 60 fps, they can tell the difference. Here are some examples

http://30vs60.com/dirt3.php

Just convinces me even more that 60 fps is barely an improvement unless a lot of fast paced stuff is going on. That's the only real time you will see a difference. 

There is quite a big difference in the responsiveness of the feel of the game though which is why its very important for me on racing games + fighting games... Other types of games such as jrpgs and etc aren't as much of a big deal and stuff like shooters can go either way for me without caring too much. Oh and fighting games also include hack and slash like Ninja Gaiden and Beyonatta

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah, I agree with this guy. Or guys. Whatever. But 30fps is like moving through mud. I don't think any game should run at 30fps unless it's pushing hardware for innovation and I dock off ratings for any game that isn't locked at 60fps. It's unacceptable. I'm fine with 60fps. I've never even seen a game run at above 60fps, as I only game on consoles. I'd love to see consoles strive for higher. 120fps must be a dream.

60-120fps is gonna have to be the new standard once 3D and VR become more widely used.

I look forward to that day. 30-60 is so 20th century. :)

spemanig said:

Yeah, I agree with this guy. Or guys. Whatever. But 30fps is like moving through mud. I don't think any game should run at 30fps unless it's pushing hardware for innovation and I dock off ratings for any game that isn't locked at 60fps. It's unacceptable. I'm fine with 60fps. I've never even seen a game run at above 60fps, as I only game on consoles. I'd love to see consoles strive for higher. 120fps must be a dream.

You'd have to game on a PC monitor to actually notice the 60 extra fps. And yes, 120 fps must be silky smooth!

My standard is 30fps without drops.  60fps is nice, but I don't need it for most games.

Locked 30fps is perfectly fine for pretty much every game, unless you want insane efficiency in shooters and racing games.

And this is coming from someone who games at 120fps occasionally.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC