By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 60 is definitely playable, but its not ideal

Mr Puggsly said:
veritaz said:

Never played Killzone on PS2 but the Shadow of the Colossus HD collection on PS3 didn't have any bad framerate that I can remember. Did they fix it in the HD collection? 

SotC ran fine on PS3, as would be expected for a PS2 port. The PS2 version on the otherhand ran like crap.

That explains it, I wonder what it dipped to on PS2. 

Around the Network

What's wrong with solid 60 fps? It's not like our eyes can even comprehend more that anyways...

30 is more than playable for me. 60 obviously feels better, but I would rather have a better looking game at 30.
I've played games which drop below 30, its not unplayable but its irritating having to adapt to it.

the-pi-guy said:
veritaz said:

Never played Killzone on PS2 but the Shadow of the Colossus HD collection on PS3 didn't have any bad framerate that I can remember. Did they fix it in the HD collection? 

PS3 version is locked at 30, PS2 suffered frame rate issues.  

Sucks for people back then. I would hate fighting the giant bosses with under 20 fps. 

fps_d0minat0r said:
30 is more than playable for me. 60 obviously feels better, but I would rather have a better looking game at 30.
I've played games which drop below 30, its not unplayable but its irritating having to adapt to it.

Sme way I feel about it. i would much rather have higher graphics than 60 fps. 

Around the Network

Depends on the game. Some games are quite smooth at 40 and some Ubi games stutter at 60.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I prefer 60 fps on Racing and Fighting games cause every frame matters in those types of games as well as response time and 60 fps for me looks generally more smoother than 30 does... With that being said, not every game needs 60 fps to look great but for me, racing games and fighting games is a must for 60 fps and I am sure if most people played a game in 30 fps and then 60 fps, they can tell the difference. Here are some examples

http://30vs60.com/dirt3.php

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I prefer 60 FPS, but a lot of games don't need the higher framerate. If the developer isn't making superfast sprites flying by the screen, the difference between 30 and 60 FPS is utterly inconsequential.

the-pi-guy said:

360 fps is perfect.  

240 fps minimum.  

120 fps is a slide show.  

I've played games that are below 20, and supposedly up to 60.  

20 fps is where it is playable, and isn't annoying low for me.   

@bold- for puzzle games, yes. For shooters you need AT LEAST 720 FPS and for fighting games 1800 fps is a must. I mean do you know how high the input lag is when playing a fighting game in 1200 FPS? I'm literally sitting there waiting for the next frame to appear so that i can continue my combo!

To me it varies base don game experience. Twitch based games do need 60 frames, but menu based strategy games are fine at 30. The important aspect is does not effect game play.