By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

3sexty said:
DrDoomz said:
3sexty said:

No one in their right mind will buy the very last gen of console business. Next gen will be based in the cloud as TV devices will plug directly into the cloud to play your virtual console of choice. If Sony collapses due to its appalling financial situation so to will the PlayStation brand.

What's your point and how is it relevant to the above topic title ("X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product")?

Refer to the posts above regarding a possible cash happy buyer such as as Samsung or Apple buying PlayStation. I am responding to this with a point of view. Thanks.

Ah, I see. Not really interested in discussing the whole "buyer" angle as it is a bit off topic, maybe if you guys open a new thread about it, maybeI'd join in. Anyway, good day.

Around the Network
DrDoomz said:
3sexty said:
DrDoomz said:
3sexty said:

No one in their right mind will buy the very last gen of console business. Next gen will be based in the cloud as TV devices will plug directly into the cloud to play your virtual console of choice. If Sony collapses due to its appalling financial situation so to will the PlayStation brand.

What's your point and how is it relevant to the above topic title ("X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product")?

Refer to the posts above regarding a possible cash happy buyer such as as Samsung or Apple buying PlayStation. I am responding to this with a point of view. Thanks.

Ah, I see. Not really interested in discussing the whole "buyer" angle as it is a bit off topic, maybe if you guys open a new thread about it, maybeI'd join in. Anyway, good day.

No prob mate I take your point - These threads can digress very easily the longer they get.. Good day to you too.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

BeElite said:

As per topic.

Destiny will likely sink X1 for good, lots of halo and xbox loyalists are calling for Destiny boycotts cause they are ass hurt over their close deal with sony. This game will do 3or4-1 sales in PS4 favor.

It will set up the PS4 as the defacto Fps console for NA.  

The funny part is that if the X1 fans continue on with the hate campaign against Bungie, Bungie will eventually get pissed off enough that they will actually not develop games for the X1.

Aura7541 said:
BeElite said:

As per topic.

Destiny will likely sink X1 for good, lots of halo and xbox loyalists are calling for Destiny boycotts cause they are ass hurt over their close deal with sony. This game will do 3or4-1 sales in PS4 favor.

The funny part is that if the X1 fans continue on with the hate campaign against Bungie, Bungie will eventually get pissed off enough that they will actually not develop games for the X1.

nahh they still will release a x1 version, acti will make sure.

But the game could likely be build and optimezed for PS4, with X1 getting a PS3 mass effect3 like quality or worse.  

Intrinsic said:
Dark Chaos said:
Intrinsic said:
Dark Chaos said:

Winning for who?? For shareholders? For gamers? Right now both consoles have great games and I would argue the X1 has the better exclusives. Also in terms of profit the Xbox division has been more profitable for the past couple of years.

So how is Sony winning? By sales? Do you think MS cares if Sony outsells them if they are making money will Sony doesn't.

Guess I have seen them all. 

Firstoff, this thread is (was) about if the X1 will ever catch or match the PS4 sales. I like most others have said it wouldn't and have gone on to explain why we think so. But you seem to not actually be talking about the sales thing at all, you seem to be saying that MS doesn't care if sony's PS4 sells more consoles and thus "wins" this console generation. Yet you talk about the MS divisions profits. Do you have any idea how those profits come by? 

But yh, MS doesn't care.

The PS4 will outsell the X1, im not arguing that. I'm arguing the fact if that means whether a console is a success or not. The X360 was a success and I believe the X1 in the long run will be a success.

Ok, I'l bite. So how exactly is the PS4 being the best selling console this gen not going to amke it a success for sony and their playstation division? Unless I am grossly mistaken if you look t sales of prcatically every multiplatform game they are higher on the PS4 than the XB1. And unless again I am mistaken thats where these console make their money from. And usually, the console with the larger install base typically sell the most amount of games. 

But pls tell me how all this somehow just gets twisted on its head if the console selling the best so happens to be a PS.

Can you tel me one thing that will somehow stop the PS4 from being a success if it hold this near 2:1 gap over the XB1 through out this gen? Mind you, 2:1 in 4yrs isn't 8M:4M, its at least 60M:30M. So how in your book will MS Xbox division be successful with 30M while sony's PS division lose with 60M????

For instance, if Sony loses a billion dollars while MS profits a billion dollars over the course of the generation. Only Forum dwellers discuss victories based on sales. Real life is based on money firstmost. In addition, I never argued that the PS4 would not be a success rather that I believe both the PS4 and X1 can both become success's in the long run.

Around the Network
BeElite said:

As per topic.

Who??? Please post some links to these ass hurt xbox fans. 

Aura7541 said:
BeElite said:

As per topic.

Do you actually believe that? You believe that they will stop making games because a few vocal fans on the internet outrage? Wanna make a bet or are you just trolling?

eva01beserk said:
Dark Chaos said:
Also, MS has reversed a lot of its policies. It took MS 6months to remove Kinect and drop the price and fix a lot of the weaknesses it has. 900p vs 1080p is negligent as we all have seen, its about games.

According to many of you here you guys must have expected that Titanfall PC shouldve outsold the Xbox One version based on graphics yet it didn't. The average Joe only cares about having fun and playing games.

No one expected that because pc games never sell well compared to consoles. because pc gamers just pirate the game.

You can't pirate a online shooter so your argument falls flat.

M-My personal prediction: the gap will grow, and then it will stagnate, maybe drop a bit later into the generation.

Also, I agree that Microsoft misplayed their advantages going into this gen hard D:

Intrinsic said:
Dark Chaos said:

Winning for who?? For shareholders? For gamers? Right now both consoles have great games and I would argue the X1 has the better exclusives. Also in terms of profit the Xbox division has been more profitable for the past couple of years.

So how is Sony winning? By sales? Do you think MS cares if Sony outsells them if they are making money will Sony doesn't.

Guess I have seen them all. 

Firstoff, this thread is (was) about if the X1 will ever catch or match the PS4 sales. I like most others have said it wouldn't and have gone on to explain why we think so. But you seem to not actually be talking about the sales thing at all, you seem to be saying that MS doesn't care if sony's PS4 sells more consoles and thus "wins" this console generation. Yet you talk about the MS divisions profits. Do you have any idea how those profits come by? 

But yh, MS doesn't care.

I suggest rereading the thread title. We are assuming the X1 will not catch the PS4. I think no one is arguing that. I'm arguing that MS can still have a successful generation if they sell well enough to create good profits and keep the brand healthy.

Also, did you know that Nintendo profited of the Gamecube and it helped them create the Wii where as Sega didn't off the Dreamcast and caused them to quit.  Having a profitable business is more important and the final goal.