By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Summer Sale 2014 (Last Day)

mtu9356 said:
Whats the purpose of the badges/cards? I see that I can sell them but why would anyone want to play for them?

Badges are like Playstation's Trophies or Microsoft's Achievements. Some of them (actually most of them) are earned by playing games and doing different tasks (again, like Trophies/Achievements) but others can be earned with those cards.

Some games give you cards and once you have the full set of cards, you can forge a badge. The same is true with the cards of this Summer Sale, once you get the 10 cards you will be able to forge the "Steam Summer Adventure 2014" badge. Of course, with each of those badges, you get Steam points that make you go up in the rank.

That's why people pay for those cards, to get badges to get a higher rank.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Interesting, so basically you need to collect all badges associated with a game for it to be useful. Well then I probably should sell all my "Steam Summer Adventure 2014" bc I only have 2/10

Seriously, who voted for Casual - Simulation? I totally needed KoF. Ugh.

New sales up...
The Stanley Parable - 60% off, $6
Skyrim - 75% off, $5
"steam store experiencing some heavy load right now" LOL

JOKA_ said:
I just got the Witcher and Witcher 2. Now they can sit in my library unplayed while I wait for the Witcher 3 to come out

That's exactly what I did two years ago

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Updated with today's deals. Skyrim price is great but i just don't have 100 hours to spare. Enjoy guys. :)

The team thing is ingenious way to make people spend so much money. Obviously, green team represent. 

Charged up today.

mtu9356 said:
Interesting, so basically you need to collect all badges associated with a game for it to be useful. Well then I probably should sell all my "Steam Summer Adventure 2014" bc I only have 2/10

I would wait a bit longer. Every three votes you'll get a new card and joining a team grants you another one. Add the ones you can get buying games and it's not impossible to get the badge.

Of course, it's not that easy as the cards you get are random and sooner or later you'll get one that you already have. And then is where trading cards or selling them comes into play. You can trade your spare card with a card you don't have with one of your friends (I think you must be friends).

In any case, unless you are 100% sure that you don't want or don't have a chance of getting the badge, I recomend you to wait until the last couple of days to decide what to do with the cards.

@green_sky: It's interesting that  the purple team is always up there but the other one changes, yesterday it was the red team and today is the yellow one. Meanwhile, my poor pink team...

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

£2.49 for skyrim thanks

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

$1.86 for half life 2...

yes laugh at me but it's the best I've seen that my pc can handle

RobDX said:
$1.86 for half life 2...

yes laugh at me but it's the best I've seen that my pc can handle

Since both games use the same engine, you could try to get Portal when it reaches 75% off (it has gone that low for the same sales so I don't see why this time would be different). But only if you like Puzzle games, ofc.