By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time vs Twilight Princess

Which one is better?

Ocarina of Time 127 59.91%

Twilight Princess 61 28.77%

See results 24 11.32%

Total:212
RCTjunkie said:

Twilight Princess was just epic and my 2nd favorite Zelda ever. Dark story, mature Link, great atmosphere, cool puzzles, it just did the series right in my opinion.  

To be fair, I was 12 when it came out, and Dorkly describes everyone's favorite Zelda pretty accurately: 

Holy shit that is spot-on.  My favorite Zelda is the NES original... which came out when I was indeed 12.

Another weird occurrence is in Ocarina when the deku scrub gives you the code to enter Queen Ghoma's room: 2, 3, 1.  "Twenty three is number one!"  Not only is 23 my lucky number, I was 23 when the game came out.

The signs - they're everywhere, I tell you!

Around the Network
archbrix said:
attack while riding Epona and swing my sword while running were things that need to return to the series.

Man, I forgot about those! Nintendo better add those to Zelda U. They can't just downgrade the gameplay!

Definitely Ocarina of Time. Still hate that "save the wagon from burning" mission in the other game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

archbrix said:
RCTjunkie said:

Twilight Princess was just epic and my 2nd favorite Zelda ever. Dark story, mature Link, great atmosphere, cool puzzles, it just did the series right in my opinion.  

To be fair, I was 12 when it came out, and Dorkly describes everyone's favorite Zelda pretty accurately: 

Holy shit that is spot-on.  My favorite Zelda is the NES original... which came out when I was indeed 12.

Another weird occurrence is in Ocarina when the deku scrub gives you the code to enter Queen Ghoma's room: 2, 3, 1.  "Twenty three is number one!"  Not only is 23 my lucky number, I was 23 when the game came out.

The signs - they're everywhere, I tell you!

At least now I have a valid reason for liking Zelda II so much.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

TP it was darker/deeper!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

both are great but i like ww and majoras more... and its not because i was 12 when both cae out...

Twilight Princess was better than OoT in pretty much every way...while they were both great games, I never got into OoT like I did with TP

I didn't enjoyed Ocarina of Time such as I enjoyed Twilight Princess but maybe that's because I played OoT after TP on the Virtual Console and it was a little bit annoying especially the controls. But I can remember nearly nothing I did in TP so I have to say that OoT is better because I won't forget this awesome temples, battles etc. soon.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Quoting me and clyde. Just the thruth:

Clyde32 said:
Pavolink said:

Well, TP compared to Ocarina of Time

- has a bigger overwolrd

but...

- No magic / no magic arrows and spells

- More linear

- Easier

- Predictable dungeons trying to mimic the ones on Ocarina of Time

- Zero epic sidequest/NPC's (Midna was the only good one)

- Easy boss battles

- Zero relevance to Zelda's Lore

- Inferior equipment

- Inferior stock items

- Two ruppee's glitch (you got 5 ruppees! / you cannot hold more ruppes! (no matter if you are in the middle of a dungeon)

Etc.

Amen Pavo, Amen. 

You also forgot about the more loose controls of Twilight Princess compared to Ocarina of Time. 

Might as well add the lack of replay value to the list. 

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ocarina of Time easily wins this one. Twilight Princess is easier, more linear, gimmicky and soulless!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---