By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
small44 said:
I never see such negativity about a price cut

what price cut ?

its a new cheaper sku.

Around the Network

I don't see Xbox Ones "flying off the shelves" locally here in the Seattle area...and Amazon is tracking it at #45 or so (compared to #7 for the standard PS4 and #9 for the PS4/Destiny bundle), so I am not expecting any great seismic shift in sales due to the lower price.  It's just not that great a console, and customers realize it.  I fully expect MS to finish the year somehwere around 5.5-6 million units based on current trends (since Jan 1).  The PS4 should finish somewhere north of 15 million.

daredevil.shark said:

At least PS4 is doing Okay. Thats what I care about. But rest of the numbers arent good at all.

If PS4 is doing "okay" then 3DS is also doing "okay"

BeElite said:
small44 said:

what price cut ?

its a new cheaper sku.

Or a price cut if you really don't care about Kinect.

BeElite said:
small44 said:

what price cut ?

its a new cheaper sku.

Hardcore gamers don't care about Kinect but they care about a price cut why they will buy something they will never use and Casual game are just happy with their Xbox360+Kinect

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
jnemesh said:

I don't see Xbox Ones "flying off the shelves" locally here in the Seattle area...and Amazon is tracking it at #45 or so (compared to #7 for the standard PS4 and #9 for the PS4/Destiny bundle), so I am not expecting any great seismic shift in sales due to the lower price.  It's just not that great a console, and customers realize it.  I fully expect MS to finish the year somehwere around 5.5-6 million units based on current trends (since Jan 1).  The PS4 should finish somewhere north of 15 million.

Doesn't matter what you see, BenV has already confirmed the boost at Gamestops in the US.

jnemesh said:

What? So you expect it to sell only 1.5mil more for the rest of the year? 

I see X1s everywhere now but there's always an overabundance of them in store cases. My cousin wanted one with a Kinect and he was excited that the price dropped so he asked me if I can use my discount to get him an X1. I told him that they don't come with Kinect anymore and he says he'll get a PS4 instead. He likes both consoles but wanted the Kinect with his X1. He says for the price he may as well go with PS4. This may be what most people are thinking. It goes to show you though, a company can price themselves right out of the competition. Sony learned from its past mistake while MS mirrored it.

sully1311 said:
jnemesh said:

What? So you expect it to sell only 1.5mil more for the rest of the year? 

I didn't even acknowledge that b.s. lol
 He knows absolutely nothing about sales.

I see PS4s everywhere now but there's always an overabundance of them in store cases. My brother from another mother wanted one with a PSeye and he was excited that the it was includedd so he asked me if I can use my discount to get him an PS4 with PSeyeI told him that they don't come with Pseye anymore and he says he'll get a Xo instead. He likes both consoles but wanted the Pseye with hisPS4He says for the price he may as well go with XO. This may be what most people are thinking. It goes to show you though, a company can price themselves right out of the competition. Microsoft learned from its past mistake while Sony mirrored it.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.