By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita gets 1800% increase in one month

It's a shame that Sony doesn't support the Vita how have deserve it, I think games like Final Fantasy Type 0 HD could be help in his catalogue.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
People really do get carried over meaningless bumps. Those are still very mediocre sales. The bump is mostly from the redesign and a bunch of existing Vita owners buying the new model to replace their old one, is Sony going to release a revision every month?

This thing will be back to sub 30k sales in North America next month.

Everyone knows these numbers are bad. I even said so in the OP. It's just such a high percentage increase from month to month, has any console ever done this? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Soundwave said:
People really do get carried over meaningless bumps. Those are still very mediocre sales. The bump is mostly from the redesign and a bunch of existing Vita owners buying the new model to replace their old one, is Sony going to release a revision every month?

This thing will be back to sub 30k sales in North America next month.

Everyone knows these numbers are bad. I even said so in the OP. It's just such a high percentage increase from month to month, has any console ever done this? 

That Spin Though! Dont be like MS Fusion :P

torok said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Which shows you how much Activision thinks of the Vita lol. That game was supremely aweful and  its still one of the best selling games on Vita.

That should actually make them do more CoDs for Vita. Wii U gets a full console version and sells 0.25M. Vita gets crappy version and still gets 1M with all the bad reviews. A decent CoD could do 2M easily looking at this numbers.

If Activision actually made the game themselves I'm sure it would as good as the other CoD games. However, that Vita game was made by another studio called Nililisitic games, a studio known for making very bad games. As for CoD selling more on Vita then Wii U, I would cite the larger install base of the Vita and the thin Vita library as  a couple reasons why that is so.

I don't understand the numbers in the OP. You're not honestly saying that the Vita moved only 3k units in an entire month, are you? I know sales have been dire, but that's just impossible to swallow.

Around the Network
Tom3k said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Which shows you how much Activision thinks of the Vita lol. That game was supremely aweful and  its still one of the best selling games on Vita.

I'm curious though... Have you at least play the game, or do you just enjoy trolling Vita threads?

I have read every review of that game I had serveral friends that own that CoD game. I have a Vita, however not that game I dont feel like wasting my time playing it. In case you haven't noticed this entire thread is a troll thread.

Devil_Survivor said:

If Activision actually made the game themselves I'm sure it would as good as the other CoD games. However, that Vita game was made by another studio called Nililisitic games, a studio known for making very bad games. As for CoD selling more on Vita then Wii U, I would cite the larger install base of the Vita and the thin Vita library as  a couple reasons why that is so.

I will give a credit to Nihilistic since Activision only gave them 4 months do develop a full game and that was plain craziness. Of course, Vita base is larger than Wii U, but not 4X larger (like the sales were). And Vita's library when CoD released was actually better than Wii U's library when BO2 released. Declassified was launched 1 year after Vita and it released with Assassin's Creed and NFL, two good games. BO2 was at Wii U's launch, so the competition was pretty much nothing except Nintendo games, that appeal to a different crowd, and year old ports.

And in Vita's case, you had other shooter options. You could buy Resistance or Unit 13 (ok, it's a TPS, but it's good, unlike CoD). CoD still sells well, even if we consider that now Killzone is an option and that's pretty damn good. For Wii U, CoD still is the only option available for shooter fans.

RolStoppable said:
Trunkin said:
I don't understand the numbers in the OP. You're not honestly saying that the Vita moved only 3k units in an entire month, are you? I know sales have been dire, but that's just impossible to swallow.

That is what he is saying and that really happened.

It also answer his question a few posts above this one. No console has ever had such a huge increase month over month, because no system has ever had such awful sales two years into its lifecycle.

I...I'm in shock. These are dark times indeed.