By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U Trailer Was In-Game Footage Confirmed

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/16/the-legend-of-zelda-producer-confirms-wii-u-footage-was-in-game-.aspx

"Producer Eiji Aonuma has taken to the Nintendo Miiverse to address this point directly. “Many people from the media kept asking me if the footage from the new Zelda game for Wii U is just a promotional movie, but that really is actual gameplay on Wii U,” Aonuma assures. “Also, I wasn’t kidding about how you will be able to reach the mountains that appear in the distance if you should choose to!”"

Sounds good to me. Nice to get confirmation that this is what the game will look like when it comes out next year, sooner rather than later I hope!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

In what world was that trailer actual gameplay? It might have been gameplay graphics but there's no way that someone could have played that trailer, aside from the bit in the open field.

DerNebel said:

In what world was that trailer actual gameplay? It might have been gameplay graphics but there's no way that someone could have played that trailer, aside from the bit in the open field.

In-engine, definitely. I agree that likely wasn't gameplay, unless they sped up the tempo a good bit.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I figure he meant in game and not prerendered, like with the uncharted 4 promo, because most of that had to be a cutscene.

DerNebel said:

I'd imagine it's just a translation error. In-Game footage, as with the cutscenes in most Zelda games, as opposed to actual gameplay.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

That's a testimony to how good this game looks that people aren't sure if it's in-game footage.

In-engine like the Uncharted 4 footage.
Can't wait for a longer trailer.

DerNebel said:

No one said anyone was playing it. They said it was in-game graphics engine.

cheshirescat said:
I figure he meant in game and not prerendered, like with the uncharted 4 promo, because most of that had to be a cutscene.

Naughty Dawg claimed their trailer to be in-engine captured on a PS4. So, exactly the same as the Zelda U trailer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DevilRising said:
DerNebel said:

No one said anyone was playing it. They said it was in-game graphics engine.

From the article: “Many people from the media kept asking me if the footage from the new Zelda game for Wii U is just a promotional movie, but that really is actual gameplay on Wii U,” Aonuma assures.

Might be a translation error, but gameplay implies that someone is playing it, which obviously isn't the case.