By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Splatoon receiving more attention because its an exclusive Nintnedo shooter?

sundin13 said:

Yeah, but then what gives this the look of an indie game? Why does this feel like an eShop game? I don't understand that part of it and nobody seems to be able to explain it

Because it's not a generic and brown shooter for the dudebros, silly sundin!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
famousringo said:

Accessible to everybody, insanely fun in both local and online multiplayer, with unque gameplay mechanics and lots of depth for the most enthusiastic players to dig into, all delivered with a high amount of polish. I don't want to pre-judge, because the game hasn't shipped yet, but I can see the potential. This is exactly the kind of game that Nintendo should be making.

In the same way that Mario Kart reaches an audience beyond the car enthusiasts who buy Gran Turismo, and Smash Bros eclipses Street Fighter, I see can see Splatoon reaching beyond the audience that typically plays multiplayer shooters. When you consider how popular the genre is, that's a huge potential audience.

The downside is that there's no instant Mario brand recognition, and the install base is tiny, but I truly believe this could be the birth of a new mega franchise.

yeah.... thats Call of Duty  

AZWification said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah, but then what gives this the look of an indie game? Why does this feel like an eShop game? I don't understand that part of it and nobody seems to be able to explain it

Because it's not a generic and brown shooter for the dudebros, silly sundin!

Dudebros are just the perceived fanbase for brown corridor multiplayer shooters, the actual fanbase is children.  WIth splatoon the perceived fanbase is children, but the fanbase will be adult my little pony fans.

LOL NO.

I think it is getting the attention because of the quirkiness, the whole human shoots paint all over the level and turns to a squid and swims in the paint rather than being a shooter.

I think its getting attention because it was shown during an event that millions of people watched.

Much like putting Watch Dogs on the side of a bus, people are going to talk about it.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Fresh game mechanics are what's getting me excited about it. It's been a while since a fresh shooter came out.

It looks fun and unique.

Splatoon is getting attention because it looks fun, is a mainly online game from Nintendo, and it has a lot of depth in the gameplay for something so simplic. Not because It's (Kind of) a shooter.

bananaking21 said:
famousringo said:

Accessible to everybody, insanely fun in both local and online multiplayer, with unque gameplay mechanics and lots of depth for the most enthusiastic players to dig into, all delivered with a high amount of polish. I don't want to pre-judge, because the game hasn't shipped yet, but I can see the potential. This is exactly the kind of game that Nintendo should be making.

In the same way that Mario Kart reaches an audience beyond the car enthusiasts who buy Gran Turismo, and Smash Bros eclipses Street Fighter, I see can see Splatoon reaching beyond the audience that typically plays multiplayer shooters. When you consider how popular the genre is, that's a huge potential audience.

The downside is that there's no instant Mario brand recognition, and the install base is tiny, but I truly believe this could be the birth of a new mega franchise.

yeah.... thats Call of Duty  

So you're saying Mario Kart isn't those things?

Yes.