Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 136 20.64%

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse 17 2.58%

Devil's Third 68 10.32%

Mario Party 10 16 2.43%

Mario Maker 48 7.28%

Total:659
curl-6 said:
Ninsect said:

Didn't Reggie say no new Mario games would be announced? I count three (50%)

They're not mainline Mario games though, they are subseries spinoffs.

What he meant was no NSMBU2, Mario 3D World 2, or Mario Galaxy 3.

He didn't say mainline Mario games. Just 'Mario games'. They all use the Mario IP. Just goes to show how much they rely on Mario,

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
curl-6 said:
Ninsect said:

Didn't Reggie say no new Mario games would be announced? I count three (50%)

They're not mainline Mario games though, they are subseries spinoffs.

What he meant was no NSMBU2, Mario 3D World 2, or Mario Galaxy 3.

He didn't say mainline Mario games. Just 'Mario games'. They all use the Mario IP. Just goes to show how much they rely on Mario,

They're not proper Mario games any more than Smash Bros is. Captain Toad, as far as we know, doesn't even FEATURE Mario.

Captain Toad is a first day purchase for me.

curl-6 said:
Ninsect said:

They're not proper Mario games any more than Smash Bros is. Captain Toad, as far as we know, doesn't even FEATURE Mario.

They're still based on the same IP. Anyone that has played Mario knows Toad

And why would you say Mario Party is not a "proper" Mario game? How would you describe a "proper" Mario game?

Lastly, he never used words like "proper" or "mainline". That's your creation

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
curl-6 said:
Ninsect said:

They're still based on the same IP. Anyone that has played Mario knows Toad

And why would you say Mario Party is not a "proper" Mario game? How would you describe a "proper" Mario game?

Lastly, he never used words like "proper" or "mainline". That's your creation

It goes without saying. A "new Mario game" implies Mario Galaxy 3, 3D World 2, or New Super Mario Bros U2.

Spinoffs don't count.

Around the Network

Captain Toad will probably not feature Mario, so I don't think that counts. Mario Party and Mario Maker count though. Can't believe they spend 2+ years on Mario Maker. That game re-uses every asset from older games, not even its interface is original. Shouldn't take longer than 6 months to develop. No wonder there are droughts if they waste so much time on that game...

Samus Aran said:
Can't believe they spend 2+ years on Mario Maker. That game re-uses every asset from older games, not even its interface is original. Shouldn't take longer than 6 months to develop. No wonder there are droughts if they waste so much time on that game...

This I agree with. They desperately need to rethink their production pipeline if it takes them more than 6 months to finish Mario Maker, or 3 years to make Tropical Freeze.

Where's Yoshi? Yoshi!

As far as new games we had not seen prior, I'd go with Captain Toad.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

TheShape31 said:
Where's Yoshi? Yoshi!

I omitted Yoshi cos it wasn't a new game; we first saw it in January of last year.