By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's top 5 game announcements of E3

BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

Plus the entertainment value of the direct and thorough coverage of the games shown. I find it particularly funny people would get immediately upset with "so basically nintendo won" 

No ones upset, but nintendo never won, showing 2 good games, zero indie or third party support is not winning. They only won for die hard nintendo fans who cannot see past there nintendo bubble. The industry is passign nintendo by.

I came way too late into this arguement, but I thought I would let you know that Nintendo posted a whole heap of trailers for Indies and 3rd Party games on their youtube page. Technically they were not in their E3 Digital Event video, but I guess they thought they didnt need to.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

Plus the entertainment value of the direct and thorough coverage of the games shown. I find it particularly funny people would get immediately upset with "so basically nintendo won" 

No ones upset, but nintendo never won, showing 2 good games, zero indie or third party support is not winning. They only won for die hard nintendo fans who cannot see past there nintendo bubble. The industry is passign nintendo by.

Zelda, Star Fox, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Woolly World, Captain Toad, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros 4 => 2 games?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

mii-gamer said:
BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

2 good games? When you are desperate, hyperbole becomes a scape goat

Says the guy who said the entire community and Media said nintendo won, I guess if you mean less then 19% of ign viewers is all. Other then zelda, smash what big game does nontende have? Seriously the rest are niche for the small nintendo fanbase, devils third looks horrid, toad platformer? lol, moreplatforming.

AZWification said:
BigBrain said:

Zelda, Star Fox, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Woolly World, Captain Toad, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros 4 => 2 games?

Fool, u forgot to mention pokemon

mii-gamer said:
AZWification said:

Fool, u forgot to mention pokemon

Are you sure about that one?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

With all due respect: do you expect Mario Part 8, Yoshi, Splatoon and Captain Toad to set the forums or the sales charts on fire? Would you spent £40 ($67) on them at retail? If you allowed Big Brain and I to list all the games we would purchase based off E3 the list would probably eclipse Nintendos showings by at least a factor of 2.

Multiplats dont have the same presteige as exclusives no doubt but they represent an equal amount of value. If Tomb Raider was XBox exclusive, it would be a huge freaking deal. If the Witcher 3 was exclusive to XBox it would be a huge freaking deal. If Call of Duty was exclusive to XBox, the internet would explode. Mortal Kombat X and Batman being exclusive to PlayStation would lead to epic meltdowns. These games are all HUGE in their own right, 3rd party status just blinds most people to this fact. Yes Nitendo showed the most exclusives but that wont sway most gamers to them any time soon because of the sheer amount of 3rd party games not present on their platform.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

Says the guy who said the entire community and Media said nintendo won, I guess if you mean less then 19% of ign viewers is all. Other then zelda, smash what big game does nontende have? Seriously the rest are niche for the small nintendo fanbase, devils third looks horrid, toad platformer? lol, moreplatforming.

Pokemon, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 2, Codename Steam. 

Let me guess! Flamingweazel or ninjablade

SubiyaCryolite said:
mii-gamer said:
BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

With all due respect: do you expect Mario Part 8, Yoshi, Splatoon and Captain Toad to set the forums or the sales charts on fire? Would you spent £40 ($67) on them at retail? If you allowed Big Brain and I to list all the games we would purchase based off E3 the list would probably eclipse Nintendos showings by at least a factor of 2.

Multiplats dont have the same presteige as exclusives no doubt but they represent an equal amount of value. If Tomb Raider was XBox exclusive, it would be a huge freaking deal. If the Witcher 3 was exclusive to XBox it would be a huge freaking deal. If Call of Duty was exclusive to XBox, the internet would explode. Mortal Kombat X and Batman being exclusive to PlayStation would lead to epic meltdowns. These games are all HUGE in their own right, 3rd party status just blinds most people to this fact. Yes Nitendo showed the most exclusives but that wont sway most gamers to them any time soon because of the sheer amount of 3rd party games not present on their platform.

Exactly, only smash zelda will be anything remotely big for wii-u. Captain toad? Devils third? lol.

mii-gamer said:

I agree with the Digital Event having tons of entertainment value but Sony had its own version of the TreeHouse as did other outlets like IGN and Gamespot, tons of games got thorough coverage.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:
BigBrain said:
mii-gamer said:

50% of the PS4 games announced were FPS buddy. ;) 

Nintendo has the following genres covered this E3:

Captain Toad Tracker: puzzle/platforming

Xenoblade Chronicles X: real time RPG

Splatoon: third person shooter

Bayonetta 2: Hack & Slash

Super Smash Bros. 4: fighter

Zelda U: adventure game

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire: turn based rpg

STEAM: turn based strategy

Yoshi's Woolly World: 2D platformer

Kirby's Rainbow Curse: 2D platformer

Star Fox U: on-rails space shooter