By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's holiday plan (Big WIN)

Pureoctane said:
BigBrain said:
Pureoctane said:
If I didnt have either yet though Xbox One would be the choice this year. Teres nothing like Sunset Overdrive on PS4, and Forza Horizon 2 is expected to be a better game than Driveclub. Also Titanfall will be hard for a game like COD or BF to be better online as they arent focused on online experience. Thats evident by how much Titanfall is better than COD and BF online already. Plus Id be disappointed if BF5 and COD dont release with 20+ Maps in multplayer like Titanfall has now. As for LBP 3 well Project Spark is already being used by over 2 million people and can do more than LBP, so Im not quite sure why Sony went with LBP as a $60 game.

Next year the PS4 looks alot better gamewise. Thats when Ill end up probably getting one. Xmas 2015 when some decent games arrive.

Yes there is, infamous and drive club, project cars and the crew..... Looks like your entire post is "Everything x1 is better then ahything PS" bf4 is vastly better thehn titanfall online, titanfall was a disappointment, lacks depth, modes and content. Hoiw is Fiorza horizone EXPECTEd to be a better game? That doesnt even makes sense and is flat BS.

Infamous looks very similar to SO except the art syle, the traversal looks identical.....................

Easy man. Sunset is nothing like Infamous at all. I cant see how anyone could say that. Project Cars is Circuit racing. Forza Horizon is open world Arcade racer. Its alright dude its only my opinion anyway, hardly the be all end all. Dont worry bro. We all good.

Selnor?  LOL   Easy tell on that one.

Around the Network
Pureoctane said:
If I didnt have either yet though Xbox One would be the choice this year. Teres nothing like Sunset Overdrive on PS4, and Forza Horizon 2 is expected to be a better game than Driveclub. Also Titanfall will be hard for a game like COD or BF to be better online as they arent focused on online experience. Thats evident by how much Titanfall is better than COD and BF online already. Plus Id be disappointed if BF5 and COD dont release with 20+ Maps in multplayer like Titanfall has now. As for LBP 3 well Project Spark is already being used by over 2 million people and can do more than LBP, so Im not quite sure why Sony went with LBP as a $60 game.

Next year the PS4 looks alot better gamewise. Thats when Ill end up probably getting one. Xmas 2015 when some decent games arrive.

And I actually think Selnor isn't even payed to astroturf for MS on the internet. It is all out of love.

But damn, he said PS4 looks a lot better in 2015, probably just to look impartial, he would have never said it even if he thought so. To add to that, Xbone will probably have Ryse 2 in 2015, amazing and cinematic, Sony could learn a thing or two 10/10.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

PS4 definetely does not have the greatest holiday line-up.

But for some reason many people here seem to think HMCC, Forza Horizon and Sunset Overdrive will move loads of X1 too. They are all good games, but far from system sellers.

BeElite said:
binary solo said:
 One thing I think Pachter is right about with the USA market is that FPS guys and gals are still on Xbox in larger numbers, so I think the Destiny exclusivity and bundle won't have as big of an effect as some people might think. We'll see I guess.

No hes not, sales prove it.

Cod Ghosts

PS4 2.27
X1  1.75

Battlefield

PS4 1.86
X1 1.34

Now those were launch titles, things have changed even more towards PS4s favor.  Now this, near double. 

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
91,068 421,771

Wolfenstein: The New Order (XOne)
54,912 243,112

You'll notice I said USA market. You're quoting global sales. BF and CoD are both higher on Xb one in North America, on a lower install base. Wolfenstein is higher on PS4 but it almost exists in a different FPS subgenre being oriented to the single player experience much more than CoD and BF. So perhaps I should say what Pachter actually said, the FPS multiplayer crowd is still skewed towards Xbox. But that may not last, if PS4 keeps substantially outselling Xb one then the multiplayer install base might even out considerably, I guess it already has evened out a lot compared to last gen.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

zumnupy10 said:
PS4 definetely does not have the greatest holiday line-up.

But for some reason many people here seem to think HMCC, Forza Horizon and Sunset Overdrive will move loads of X1 too. They are all good games, but far from system sellers.

We already have a good idea of what Forza H will do (didnt think it had that impressive sales), Sunset Overdrive will be flat imho - feel it will struggle, Halo will outsell both of those games combined easily probably.

As you say PS4 doesnt have a stellar line up either, driveclub will be hamstrung by PS+, LBP will do ok (better than SO and probably above FH). That's why it's the battle of the 3rd party games.. Destiny/Battlefield etc will be the games that push much more hardware and that's why I say Sony have picked the right games to lead the fight over xmas.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
binary solo said:

You'll notice I said USA market. You're quoting global sales. BF and CoD are both higher on Xb one in North America, on a lower install base. Wolfenstein is higher on PS4 but it almost exists in a different FPS subgenre being oriented to the single player experience much more than CoD and BF. So perhaps I should say what Pachter actually said, the FPS multiplayer crowd is still skewed towards Xbox. But that may not last, if PS4 keeps substantially outselling Xb one then the multiplayer install base might even out considerably, I guess it already has evened out a lot compared to last gen.

fair nuf, its evend out and sliding towards PS4s favor in NA.  Europe and world in general is heavly towards PS4 favor, this does not help US fps saes as the PS4 games are liekly to have bigger nd longer lasting online players.

LudicrousSpeed said:

So their plan is a bunch of multiplats, a cross gen franchise sequel game I have no interest in, and maybe Driveclub if it isn't delayed again, and which most people will play for free anyway. Guess my plan will stay on waiting it out on a PS4. Maybe they have a better 2015 plan.

This is funny coming from you.. We all know your stance with Sony.. Might as well say you plan on waiting NEVER for a PS4.  

Also the same can be said about XB1s holiday lineup.. "So their plan is a bunch of multiplats, a cross gen franchise sequel game I have no interest in, and a rehash collection of last and last last gen games.. Guess my plan will stay on waiting it out on an XB1.  Maybe they have a better 2015 plan... Actually, not really."  Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So their plan is a bunch of multiplats, a cross gen franchise sequel game I have no interest in, and maybe Driveclub if it isn't delayed again, and which most people will play for free anyway. Guess my plan will stay on waiting it out on a PS4. Maybe they have a better 2015 plan.

This is funny coming from you.. We all know your stance with Sony.. Might as well say you plan on waiting NEVER for a PS4.  

Also the same can be said about XB1s holiday lineup.. "So their plan is a bunch of multiplats, a cross gen franchise sequel game I have no interest in, and a rehash collection of last and last last gen games.. Guess my plan will stay on waiting it out on an XB1.  Maybe they have a better 2015 plan... Actually, not really."  Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Yet I own a PS3 and have for.. 6 years now? Whenever KZ2 launched. And in the end if you take out late night CoD Search & Destroy sessions, I probably played it just as much as my 360. But feel free to continue being wrong.

Also, you apparently don't understand what hypocrisy means. Did I make a thread or post saying I would buy an Xbone for multiplats, cross gen sequels, and Driveclub? Link me please. Help me help you.

I think Sony will do great this holiday, as well as MS. Nintendo has a chance to prove itself (I really hope it does) this holiday. I really hope all three companies do well this gen because all that means is more games for me.

I would also like to comment on some comments i saw earlier in the thread but didn't feel like reading everyone's reply. Sorry if it was posted already. But to those talking about install base and what not, especially when it comes to Watch Dogs PS4 vs XB1, if you do some math it looks like exclusive marketing does make a difference (or at least it just sold better).

USA data where the gap is smaller.

XB1
2,867,177 Systems / 590,488 Watch Dogs' Sales
= 4.85560587175353

PS4
3,455,879 Systems / 976,858 Watch Dogs' Sales
= 3.53774960127265

1 in every 4.855 XB1 owners bought the game.
1 in every 3.537 PS4 owners bought the game

Meaning that if both of these systems had the same exact install base (XB1 for example) of 2,867,177.

2,867,177 / 3.537
= 810,623.975

So the PS4 Watch dogs still would have sold theoretically 810,624 vs 590,488 for the XB1. So roughly around 220,000 more copies minus the consoles sold gap.

So tell me again how install base vs exclusive marketing / content works again? Otherwise why would any company even bother with exclusive marketing if it had no effect. And yes a multiplate can effect which console a person buys. I bought an Original XBox and sold my PS2 when i was younger because of the graphical and performance difference between exact titles (I was also a kid and couldn't afford both consoles at the same time).

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

DESTINY is the PS4's killer app this year.

multiplat, but its being marketed as a PS4 game