By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's holiday plan (Big WIN)

I agree and also add Call of Duty

EDIT: FIFA 15 may as well be counted as exclusive.

Around the Network

i think some of you guys underestimate the destiny bundle. yes.. it's multiplat, but as a sony bundle with a limited edition artic white ps4? are you kidding me? just to get that white ps4 sold me.. destiny might be alright in the end, but once those white ps4 are gone.. don't be surprised to find them on amazon with prices marked up the yahoo.. i will be picking up a 2nd ps4 (destiny bundle) just cause i know the demand for them after christmas is going to be ridiculous.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

So in summary, Sony has all players covered this holiday season with a bunch of 3rd party multiplatform, cross-gen titles and a couple of exclusives.

And this is different from the X1 how?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
So in summary, Sony has all players covered this holiday season with a bunch of 3rd party multiplatform, cross-gen titles and a couple of exclusives.

Different exclusive,s different systems, one system is more desireable thern the other.........not rocket science. PS4 also has by far the biggest indie support, best multiplats.

you could have replaced op with just "destiny" same effect, sure its on xbox one too but i am willing to bet with ANYONE here, that ps4 version outsells xbox one, 2:1 and goes on to be the first 5m seller of ps4/xboxone.

Around the Network

Seems like PS4 has the important bases covered. And don't forget Singstar for the party people. So from a defensive standpoint Sony has positioned things to prevent the others from taking any momentum away. But from an offensive standpoint Sony is slightly lacking in system selling exclusive games by the look of things. So I expect Holiday 2015 to be when Sony really tries to heat things up with the likes of Uncharted and a $50 - $79 price cut. This holiday season seems to be a hold the line approach in terms of competition.

So depends on what is meant by big win. MS and Ninty haven't really brought anything to threaten PS4's position, at least not as of E3. So This holiday could be similar to last in terms of relative sales. I wouldn't say that's a big win on the horizon, but a solid win. A big win would be if PS4 accelerates well beyond Xb one and Wii U, which I don;t see this holiday line up being able to achieve. One thing I think Pachter is right about with the USA market is that FPS guys and gals are still on Xbox in larger numbers, so I think the Destiny exclusivity and bundle won't have as big of an effect as some people might think. We'll see I guess.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheBoneCollector said:
NightDragon83 said:

Different exclusive,s different systems, one system is more desireable thern the other.........not rocket science. PS4 also has by far the biggest indie support, best multiplats.

We're talking holiday software lineup here (or pretty much the rest of the 2014 lineup) for both consoles... if you swap LBP3 and Driveclub for Halo MC Edition and Sunset Overdrive, the PS4 has literally the same software lineup as the X1.

"Best multiplats"?  Seriously?  That's like saying the water in my pool is wetter than yours.  Games look and play 99.9% identical on both consoles save for a couple of exclusive XBL / PSN features.  And the PS4 versions games have the same bugs as other versions like the game breaking loading bug in Watch Dogs.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NYCrysis said:

After seeing e3 i've noticed one big thing and it's that sony has all players covered this holiday season. It's gonna start off with destiny, battlefield, GTA:V, and farcry4 marketing and exclusive stuff for the mainstream core gamers, driveclub for euro and racing fans, and little big planet 3 and disney infinity marvel marketing for family and kids. Looks like a good plan to me and I think Sony might KILL it this holiday and break 360's/wii's records. Any opinions?

edit: regarding Halo MC, if Destiny gets as big as it's hyped up to be than Playstation has that base covered as well ;)

I think that's a sharp observation. They looked really strong with The Order working as a center piece for the fall, but it has now been pushed back to February 15'; That gives more time to the developers and it's always a good thing, Driveclub comes to mind.

I think that with The Order out of the holiday window, it leaves the Destiny bundle as the main propeller with Driveclub acting as the side arm. Little big planet 3 could have a central role too if bundled with the PS4, this would certainly move PS4s' in mass.

I am not an advocate of exclusive content but GTAV,BF:H and FC4 will favor the Playstation 4 that much more because of it; It think the holiday is looking good indeed for the PS4 in terms of PS4 sales even if the removal of The order plugs a big hole in its fall line-up.

I'm sorry but destiny is on 4 different consoles, as is far cry, gta5, battlefield. I don't see how they could push a ton of ps4's. Maybe destiny because of the bundle. X1 will have evolve, COD. Also halo, sunset overdrive, forza, project spark, dance central for exclusives.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
I'm sorry but destiny is on 4 different consoles, as is far cry, gta5, battlefield. I don't see how they could push a ton of ps4's. Maybe destiny because of the bundle. X1 will have evolve, COD. Also halo, sunset overdrive, forza, project spark, dance central for exclusives.

want to take up my bet of destiny selling most on ps4, and at least 2:1 sales over xbox one?