By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for the Sony camp about graphics...

I'd agree that's a clickbait thread title if you want to call it that, but for those of you that read...

I often see multiplatform games shown in their best image quality, thus generally being shown on POWERFUL PCs with enthusiast components.  This means it almost always looks better than what you end up getting with your money.  It's a long-time ongoing bait-and-switch, in which unless you actually have a comparable gaming rig, you are not getting what was presented to you if purchased on a console.

Granted, with the current generation having just started, there's some parity, but there's no denying that as time moves on, PCs will continue to pull away again and multi-platform games will be shown on PC running with all kinds of graphical bells and whistles that a console owner won't get but will still pay the same amount for the game (if not more, considering PC versions are generally cheaper).

My question is that, in all my years of seeing this happen, I always see Sony gamers take it up the butt quietly.  If I was to buy a game on my system of choice, I'd like to see what it is I'm going to be paying for.  Yet I'd like to know why most Sony gamers quietly accept this, most likely knowing their version won't look as good as the commercial or gameplay they witnessed prior to release.

Why are you okay with this?!

Edit: Moderated - Starcraft

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I'm not even getting what I saw on my Wii U with X.

Mystro-Sama said:
I'm not even getting what I saw on my Wii U with X.

I take it you believe there was a graphical downgrade that's been all disproven with gameplay from the Treehouse?

Edit: Typo

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

You can probably say this about the Microsoft camp as well. Personally, I don't mind it too much. I have an OK computer and I know if I spend the money I can get multiplats to run as they are advertised. Its like all products though. Any company will want to show their products in the best light possible. I know Big Macs look much better in ads but that doesn't stop me from buying them!

ZyroXZ2 said:

My question is that, in all my years of seeing this happen, I always see Sony gamers take it up the butt quietly.  

You're unbelievable. Why are you singling out Sony fans here? Multiplat games for all consoles usually get shown off on high powered PCs, it's a common industry practice. Just had to make another thread taking a shot at Sony fans right? How's your Youtube channel going btw? Awfully low number of viewers it seems...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Ninty fans do it too ;)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Because not everyone has a gaming PC or a PC in general.

Microsoft used gtx nvidia to Demo first party xb1 exclusives. Of course followed by huge downgrade.

I think they should always note the hardware running each demo for honesty sake. Sony, MS, everyone.

Oh and after reading the Op a big fat LOL. No, it's not exclusive to the sony camp

This happens with all multi plats.

The difference being Nintendo doesn't get them.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.