By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today I played several Nintendo games

Yoshis Wolly World 

Is one of the best looking games that I have seen on the show. The art style and the detail are just magnificent. It also plays very well. I have played in co-op with Zaid a PR Guy from Nintendo. This game is basically the sequel to Yoshis Island the people deserved, it uses all the familiar mechanics we know from Yoshis Island and expands them a bit. It was a really nice surprise and might be one of my favourite Nintendo games. I really can´t wait for it to come out. 

Captain Toads Treasure Tracker

Didn´t much care for it. Its basically the Toad Sections from the Masterpiece called Super Mario 3D World and those where my least favourite sections of that game, altough that game was phenomenal so even the least favourite sections where better then the best sections in some other games (damn that game was amazing). But yeah I wont buy it when it comes out. Everybody who has played 3D World knows what this game is all about and who hasn´t doesn´t have a soul anyways. But they haven´t just ripped the Toad sections out of 3D World they have also added a few more gameplay elements, like for example I got to play a rail shooter section where I used the gyroscope of the Wii U gamepad to shoo down enemies and the 3 diamonds. 

Kirby and the Rainbow Course

Was actually pretty fun. The only thing you is you draw a course on the screen to where Kirby should go and you send him on his way. But its fun because you get to explore the levels as much as you want to. It isn´t really challenging and you don´t die but it felt really good to draw a course, let kirby fly over an obstacle and then continue his road. Plus it also looked really cute and I really like cute.

Bayonetta 2

Was fucking bonkers and just as amazing. I got to play it for 15 minutes and those where the weirdest 15 minutes of the whole show. I got to fight two boses one crazier then the other. The second had 4 stages and in the 4th stage you don´t play Bayonetta but the hair Monster and you fist one of the the boses from the first game. This year isn´t looking that great for videogames, but Bayonetta might be on the best things if not the best this year has to offer. It get my seal of approval.

Hyrule Warriors

Really Surprising. I always thought Dynasty Warriors was kinda lame but Hyrule Warriors felt really good, and the Zelda charme helps a lot. I have killed about 400 enemies in the 5 minute Demo and decimated King Dodongo. It is certainly no replacement for the real Zelda game but it might be a lot of fun, and the first Mussou game I get into.

Super Smash Bros. 

I mean its Super Smash Bros. It has its fans I am not really one of them. But the Tournament was fun tough.

All in all I think Nintendo had a really strong showing, not sure if its gonna change their fortunes. But I don´t really care as long as the games are great, and some of the certainly are

Around the Network

good to hear about Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors i will probably pick those up day 1

Nice insight. I really think the demos helped win people over, especially on Hyrule Warriors.
Dynasty Warriors are a guilty pleasure of mine but admit they are not that special. Although after watching the Treehouse stream it looks a little more complex and deep. So my excitement for it increased a bit from getting it one day to maybe getting it day one.

Also, you didnt try Splatoon?

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

bayonetta 2 was that good?

Yoshis Yarn was such a better name, it has two meanings and sounds nice to say.

Woolly World not a fan

Around the Network

Was Yoshi's Wooly World play a lot like Epic Yarn? I wasn't to fond of the super super easy difficulty of that game, does this game allow you to die?

Nice brief previews, thanks. Sounds pretty much like what I've seen (but that's what makes Captain Toad's title so exciting for me), will likely pick most or all of them up when they come out

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The original Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite games of all time and I am glad to see some gamers say that Wooly World is the perfect follow-up to Yoshi's Island!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm really pissed at Nintendo for practically forcing me to buy their stupid Wii U console now.

:P

So... Woolly World feels like Epic Yarn and plays like Yoshi's Island.