By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB4 3DS delay likely means Wii U version will be delayed aswell... <(T_T<)

Do you think SSB4 Wii U will also be delayed?

Yes, sadly... 33 22.00%

No, nevar!!! 116 77.33%

Total:149
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Dat Avatar is like

I can't even comment anymore

I thought the same thing. I even stopped reading the post.

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
Nope. Technically the window moved UP from "winter" to "holiday". If they were going to delay it why not announce it at the same time as the 3DS version?

It's coming this year.

Going from November-December to November-December is not a move up, and considering how badly the Wii U needs Smash this holiday they're probably gonna wait until they're absolutely sure it can't be done on time no matter what they do.

If anything, they delayed the 3DS version to get the Wii U one out sooner. "Winter" to "Holiday".

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Dat Avatar is like

I can't even comment anymore

Blame curl-6!

When Nintendo NEEDS a game out asap, they can do it. Look at wwhd and mk8. Smash u is too vital to delay.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I somehow never even thought of what the delay for the 3DS version of Smash Bros. might mean for the Wii U version.

You're assuming that the delay was a developmental delay. They may have delayed it because it would sell better closer to the holiday period. Or because they needed to make sure the online infrastructure was ready (and once it's ready for the 3DS version, it'll be ready for the Wii U version, too).

Of course it was! Even if it's just the online which is extremely doubtful as that does not take months and months, it's still a developmental issue! Also all games sell better during the Holidays. Nintendo knows this obviously, so they would of just given it a holiday release in the first place if that's what they wanted to do.

They really need Smash this year, but I can see Iwata and Sakurai arguing heavily behind closed doors this fall... *we need more time*, *please understand that you can't have it!*

I still expect it'll come this holiday.

Yep.

Dulfite said:
When Nintendo NEEDS a game out asap, they can do it. Look at wwhd and mk8. Smash u is too vital to delay.

So they didn't need Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, etc., even when the Wii U was doing 20k a week?

The fact the game went from Winter 2014 to Holiday 2014. So no I think this game will be on track for this holiday season.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Going from November-December to November-December is not a move up, and considering how badly the Wii U needs Smash this holiday they're probably gonna wait until they're absolutely sure it can't be done on time no matter what they do.

Some people were arguing that "Winter" could mean January/February of 2015. So, if we go by that logic, it would be an "upgrade."