By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets talk about Final Fantasy Type-0 NOT being on Vita.....

Tagged games:

Would you buy FFT-0 on Vita,PS4, or XBO?

Vita 119 56.40%

PS4 63 29.86%

XBO 23 10.90%

All of the Above 6 2.84%

Total:211
SjOne said:
You can Remote Play it if you really want it that bad. And besides Japanese developers need to make sure consoles sell more consoles in Japan because they are dying over there

So a re-release of a several year old handheld game is going to help shift more consoles in Japan? ;p

3DS owners constantly go on about how their games sell well on 3DS because they're built for handheld play. FF Type 0 is built for handheld play, yet suddenly a home console is a better choice? I'm noticing some incredibly contradictory opinions from people around here.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Mirson said:

No, they shouldn't release it as a launch title - very low install base + unknown Vita performance. It would have been a risky move. 

Sony dun goofed and announced it for the Vita. There was some Sony guy on twitter posting tweets about Type-0 on Vita until he had to retract his statements.

All console development is a risky move.  Vita required the least amount of resources(helping make it much less risky) and has proven to buy that kind of game in good numbers even if install base numbers are low(also making it less risky).  PS4 has not proven it can sell JRPGs.  PS4 is a riskier move than putting the game there than PS3 or PSVita.  We have NO information at all about PS4 or X1's ability to sell this type of game.  

In case you didn't see my other reply.   Sakura Minamida the / Senior Product Manager, Square Enix announced the game for Playstation Vita on the the US playstation blog here: page: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/comment-page-13/#comments

If you read the text at the top of the page you'll see: Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.

Square Enix employee announced the game for Vita via Sony's blog.  It's the source of much of the controversy.  

nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

No, they shouldn't release it as a launch title - very low install base + unknown Vita performance. It would have been a risky move. 

Sony dun goofed and announced it for the Vita. There was some Sony guy on twitter posting tweets about Type-0 on Vita until he had to retract his statements.

All console development is a risky move.  Vita required the least amount of resources(helping make it much less risky) and has proven to buy that kind of game in good numbers even if install base numbers are low(also making it less risky).  PS4 has not proven it can sell JRPGs.  PS4 is a riskier move than putting the game there than PS3 or PSVita.  We have NO information at all about PS4 or X1's ability to sell this type of game.  

In case you didn't see my other reply.   Sakura Minamida the / Senior Product Manager, Square Enix announced the game for Playstation Vita on the the US playstation blog here: page: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/comment-page-13/#comments

If you read the text at the top of the page you'll see: Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.

Square Enix employee announced the game for Vita via Sony's blog.  It's the source of much of the controversy.  

Here's what I think happened: Sony made the blog post but had SE's manager's name as the poster because they were quoting him or something. The press release didn't mention Vita anywhere; hell every website only stated PS4/X1. The Sony blog post headline was the only one that mentioned Vita.

As for the PS4/X1, all they have to look at is the PS360. It's pretty much given that the majority of those console owners will upgrade to a new system.

I really don't know it is perfect for the vita, they do have a recent history of bad decisions but I could have sworn they were starting to get better. I can't imagine it wouldn't have made money.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

forevercloud3000 said:
melbye said:
Frankly it makes no sense releasing it on Vita, if anything they should have released it on 3DS

Vita uservase is where they KNOW people want the game.

The game on 3DS would be entirely unproven

Not to mention the game would be a massive downgrade on 3DS as opposed to being an improvement over original release like it would be on PS4/XBO/Vita

Bravely Default's sales in the West say other wise. That game sold so well on 3DS that Square's president remarked at how they misjudged the market. Besides it was originally a PSP game, so downgrading it on the 3DS wouldn't be necessary. That said, I do think it's silly for SE to not release the game on Vita when it's already complete on the platform. Since they are localizing it anyway, they could have gave the game a digitial release on Vita. 

Around the Network
flint said:

I really don't know it is perfect for the vita, they do have a recent history of bad decisions but I could have sworn they were starting to get better. I can't imagine it wouldn't have made money.

I know

Some Japanese companies have the strangest market research conclusions/extractions.

For instance Capcom says the main reason they have altered the Resident Evil franchise into more of an action oriented game rather than horror is because of the initial poor sales of Resident Evil 4.....

But the reason why that game wasn't flying off the shelf was because it was put on the smallest userbase console exclusively, gamecube. It wasn't until it had a multiplat release with PS2 that its sales were decent. They say similar reasons to why Viewtiful joe died off. They made it for Gamecube exclusive... it bombed, they ported.

Namco is guilty as well. They switch which console Tales will be exclusive to every gen/entry. Then they wonder why each game's sales are so horribly splintered. They took that as a sign West did not want Tales games until recently when they got some common sense. Its because they bounced around all the time, fans of the series had no idea which console to get behind, and not everyone can afford them all.

Square Enix has made horrible business decision after another starting just before last gen. Releasing their JRPGs seemingly on every console EXCEPT the one known to have their largest fanbase, PS3. It wasn't till much later that they made their FIRST PS3 title which was FFXIII.

Square is quick to localize total trash like Army Corps of Hell, or super niche titles like Theatrerythm............but we have to fight to get things like Bravely Default and FF Type-0.  And when/if the games don't sell well... they want to take it as poor selling potential for ANY of their games. Makes no F'n sense.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:
melbye said:
Frankly it makes no sense releasing it on Vita, if anything they should have released it on 3DS

Vita uservase is where they KNOW people want the game.

The game on 3DS would be entirely unproven

Not to mention the game would be a massive downgrade on 3DS as opposed to being an improvement over original release like it would be on PS4/XBO/Vita

Bravely Default's sales in the West say other wise. That game sold so well on 3DS that Square's president remarked at how they misjudged the market. Besides it was originally a PSP game, so downgrading it on the 3DS wouldn't be necessary. That said, I do think it's silly for SE to not release the game on Vita when it's already complete on the platform. Since they are localizing it anyway, they could have gave the game a digitial release on Vita. 

I have yet to see a 3DS game that I thought passed games on PSP graphically or techically by any significant margin. Every 3DS game is riddled with aliasing and low res textures just like PSP. So if 3DS got FFType-0 it would be a direct port. It wouldn't even be able to be classified as an HD upgrade.

Vita version would be the easiest/quickest cash in for the game, and would be exactly what enthusiasts of the game have been asking for. Its the most logical step.

I think I know what is going on. Square is trying to extort money for the port to Vita(even if it makes sense for them too) from Sony because they figure they need it more than they do. Same thing with Bravely Default. They knew that game was quality and would be well recieved....but by playing the fence they convinced Nintendo to pay for the localization. 

When Sony gets out of this financial hole they are in I really want them to start making RPGs that rival the FF series in productions so I can finally cut off that series forever. They are getting harder and harder to like with each announcement.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Mirson said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

Here's what I think happened: Sony made the blog post but had SE's manager's name as the poster because they were quoting him or something. The press release didn't mention Vita anywhere; hell every website only stated PS4/X1. The Sony blog post headline was the only one that mentioned Vita.

As for the PS4/X1, all they have to look at is the PS360. It's pretty much given that the majority of those console owners will upgrade to a new system.

As I followed the link when it was first made Vita was even in the URL in addition to the headline.  The quoted part: "Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe" will show you that it was indeed announced for Vita even though they changed it pretty quickly.  That posting was made by Square Enix's Product Manager so there is no way you can spin this.  

Fast start doesn't guarantee PS4 or X1 individually or together will match PS3 or 360.  Certainly didn't guarantee anything with any other 8th gen console launch.  

forevercloud3000 said:
V-r0cK said:

If Type-0 does end up looking like that screenshot shown then I completely understand why it's not coming out for the Vita.  

But seriously, Vita deserves this game more than any other console; the least Square can do is put up the translated PSP version (which was already done since the game was released in Japan back in 2011) onto the PSN across the world so Vita owners will still get their own version (sort of).

And some of you think I'M the one being unrealistic....

Lets be real here, the game is NOT going to look like FFXV, shit its gonna be lucky to look like FFXIII. No matter what they do to the graphics, it can/could always be downscaled for Vita to handle the game. The game is first off coming out in 2015(by SE's own time frame). SE announces stuff in very early to no developement. MEANING this game is going to be something that can be completed between now and the end of 2015. If FFXV quality game could be done within a year.........I think they would have some serious explaining to do. This is a HD PORT of the game. Higher textures, higher framerate, port code, BAM, Print to sell.

In all fairness, this game was released in 2011, so I actually think this game has a better chance of looking like that screenshot then FFXV where its made completely from scratch.  Maybe after Type-0's release in Japan Square decided to prepare the game for PS4/Xbone.  Knowing Square it'll likely not happen, but a man can dream.

Hack the vita!