By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets talk about Final Fantasy Type-0 NOT being on Vita.....

Tagged games:

Would you buy FFT-0 on Vita,PS4, or XBO?

Vita 119 56.40%

PS4 63 29.86%

XBO 23 10.90%

All of the Above 6 2.84%

Total:211

My feedback to that decision is no less than playing the PSP version with the fanpatch. Don't support nonsense, and nonsense will not happen.

Around the Network
nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

Can't we just be grateful that Type-0 is finally getting a western release? Moving it to the new generation of consoles was probably the only way to renew interest in a PSP game and less risky than releasing it on the Vita.

I think people can be grateful the game is getting a western release and still not at all happy about the details of said release. 

There was interest in the game from Vita fans well before this announcement and I believe JRPG Vita proves it.  

Releasing it on the Vita would be the least risky option if only becuase it requires by far the least amount of work and investment on SE's part(just localize and upload to PSN as PSP game).  

When the most vocal fans get excluded even though their inclusion takes the least amount of work it's understandable you will get more people expressing upset than grateful.  

Localizing a three year old PSP wouldn't generate the same interest or sales as it would when it was still fresh in people's mind. Many moved on which is why they needed to rerelease it as a brand new game on systems that are rising in popularity (PS4/X1) as opposed to the Vita. Square did mentioned before that they were concerned about the Vita's performance overseas which was a deciding factor on whether Type-0 would come to the Vita or not. They didn't promise you guys anything. If someone is to blame, blame Sony. The past two Sony E3 are a good example; they pretty much disregarded the Vita.

This isn't like Sega where they thanked PS3 fans for supporting Valkyria Chronicles, and then releasing the sequel to the PSP.

They could have localized it far before it was a 3 year old PSP game.  Believe it or not knowing that big name games are coming helps people to make the decision to buy a Vita. I bought FFXHD as a token to get more games such as this int he future.    

I never said anyone promised anything. I'm just pointing out that they just chose to ignore ignore those people whom have expressed the most interest in the game and take the least amount of work to please.  What kind of business sense is that?   

I give Sony most of the blame all the time around here. SE has some blame too. They announced it for Vita in the first place.    

Right around the time it released, the PSP western market was pretty much dead, so they saw no point in localizing it. They didn't announced it for the Vita; they were considering it because the game was made for portability in mind but was unsure of its performance in the western market. They mention a PS3HD was also an option for Type-0. Should PS3 fans be upset too?

If the console maker makes no effort marketing or selling their product, why should 3rd party developers care or help them? The PS4/X1 are at high interest right now, and the userbase keeps growing at a very good pace. Vita on the other hand...

Mirson said:

Right around the time it released, the PSP western market was pretty much dead, so they saw no point in localizing it. They didn't announced it for the Vita; they were considering it because the game was made for portability in mind but was unsure of its performance in the western market. They mention a PS3HD was also an option for Type-0. Should PS3 fans be upset too?

If the console maker makes no effort marketing or selling their product, why should 3rd party developers care or help themThe PS4/X1 are at high interest right now, and the userbase keeps growing at a very good pace. Vita on the other hand...

So you send it out as a launch title on the new system.  Launch titles enjoy inflated sales due to no competition.  PS3/Vita makes more sense from a western perspective if only because there are far more of them combined than PS4s plus X1s. There is no proven market for JRPGs on PS4/X1 when there is a known market for them on PS3/Vita.  

SQUARE ENIX DID ANNOUNCE THE GAME FOR VITA. They just took it back 20 minutes later. They never announced the game for PS3 and I haven't seen many PS3 fans requesting the game. If they want to be upset they are more than welcome to.  I don't really judge what people "should" or should not be upset about. 

Because people still buy their games even if Sony doesn't advertise the system. Take FFXHD for an example. 80+ million PS3 userbase to 8 million userbase and yet Vita did 1/2 and not 1/10 the sales on FFXHD.  

nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

If the console maker makes no effort marketing or selling their product, why should 3rd party developers care or help themThe PS4/X1 are at high interest right now, and the userbase keeps growing at a very good pace. Vita on the other hand...

So you send it out as a launch title on the new system.  Launch titles enjoy inflated sales due to no competition.  PS3/Vita makes more sense from a western perspective if only because there are far more of them combined than PS4s plus X1s. There is no proven market for JRPGs on PS4/X1 when there is a known market for them on PS3/Vita.  

SQUARE ENIX DID ANNOUNCE THE GAME FOR VITA. They just took it back 20 minutes later. They never announced the game for PS3 and I haven't seen many PS3 fans requesting the game. If they want to be upset they are more than welcome to.  I don't really judge what people "should" or should not be upset about. 

Because people still buy their games even if Sony doesn't advertise the system. Take FFXHD for an example. 80+ million PS3 userbase to 8 million userbase and yet Vita did 1/2 and not 1/10 the sales on FFXHD.  

when did Square Enix announce it. Wasn't it just sony's Vita account announcing it?

ishiki said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

when did Square Enix announce it. Wasn't it just sony's Vita account announcing it?

The Blog is updated by Developers sometimes, or it is their words used to give the update by PS Blog's staff. I am unsure of who exactly posted that blog update.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
ishiki said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

SQUARE ENIX DID ANNOUNCE THE GAME FOR VITA.

It was SCEA via the PlayStation Blog that announced it for Vita. Then had to correct it to say they meant PS4. Square Enix's press release always said PS4/XB1

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

ishiki said:

Sakura Minamida the / Senior Product Manager, Square Enix announced the game for Playstation Vita on the the US playstation blog here: page: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/comment-page-13/#comments

If you read the text at the top of the page you'll see: Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.

Had their Senior Product Manager not made such a mistake then it wouldn't be nearly as large an issue.  

nitekrawler1285 said:
Mirson said:

No, they shouldn't release it as a launch title - very low install base + unknown Vita performance. It would have been a risky move. 

Sony dun goofed and announced it for the Vita. There was some Sony guy on twitter posting tweets about Type-0 on Vita until he had to retract his statements.

nitekrawler1285 said:
ishiki said:

Sakura Minamida the / Senior Product Manager, Square Enix announced the game for Playstation Vita on the the US playstation blog here: page: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/comment-page-13/#comments

If you read the text at the top of the page you'll see: Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.

Had their Senior Product Manager not made such a mistake then it wouldn't be nearly as large an issue.  

Its really bad because it wasn't even a freudian slip of the tongue where he says "Vita" but really meant to say "PS4", it was deliberately stated Vita because in his head "FFType-0? of course its on Vita...starts writing then posts..wait, its not?!" The Senior Product Manager was expecting a Vita release...

That shows how much of a WTF it  is that Vita was omitted.

And honestly, why was this so tight lipped? Sony didn't even know of this until they announced it at E3 it would appear. I didn't know you could develop a game on a console and the hardware makers NOT know about it. Makes me think this was literally something they decided to do like a week ago, no real work put into it yet just like when FFX HD was announced.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

You can Remote Play it if you really want it that bad. And besides Japanese developers need to make sure consoles sell more consoles in Japan because they are dying over there