By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo´s way of E3 is much better than a single press conference

Do you agree ?

yes ! 145 88.96%

no 18 11.04%

Total:163

I still prefer press conferences but I like that Treehouse thing Nintendo was doing, and the Smash Bros tournament was pretty smart too. I could see MS organizing a Halo 5 tournament at E3 next year, Sony can also do one for Uncharted 4.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
badgenome said:
kivi95 said:
Is not the treehouse thing kinda like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIksKd0UGO0

More or less, only it's being watched by 10 times as many people.

Yeah no idea why they are doing the stream on youtube and not twitch :S

Go to e3.nintendo.com and twitch is there.

EDIT: ninjad

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

kivi95 said:
badgenome said:

More or less, only it's being watched by 10 times as many people.

Yeah no idea why they are doing the stream on youtube and not twitch :S

I watch the LiveCast on Ustream where I don't freaking have to log in first.  

I completely lost track of whats happening so no... Their digital show was really good, they just need to make it longer now and include all game announcements. Extented gameplay sessions and interviews can be left to the after show but announcements get lost otherwise.

I.e  Starfox and Robot game

Other than their great direct event, the treehouse idea was the best format and idea by far. It pretty much streams all day and has a real gaming vibe to it. It's not awkward and weird, instead it seems natural, fun, and engaging. Glad I don't have to listen to game journalists make snark comments about Ninty games.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Areym said:
They definitely did a fantastic job on their digital event, really enjoyed it. However, I still perfer the format that MS and Sony are taking.

Yep. Same here.

It gives the the publishers games much needed exposure and has those awkward E3 moments that makes E3, E3. Digital events seem to be working for Nintendo though because they have the charm to pull it off. I can't imagine how weird it would get if Sony and MS decided to do the same.

Nintendo is literally Streaming third party (indie game in this case) games since ...like 2 hours ago.

There is more to Nintendo´s approach than just the digital event...the Smash Bros. Tournment was great, The Treehouse Stream is still going and they´ll announce a big 3DS game in 7 hours.

I can´t see how anyone could prefer Sony´s bloated 2 hour conference to this.

Do people completely forget that e3 is also about impressing investors and is not just about entertaining gaming fans?

I'm not sure why people consider Treehouse any different that what Gametrailers, Gamespot, Giant Bomb, etc. are doing. Because live demos and stuff are still being done by everyone, Nintendo is just hosting the live stream instead of a news outlet.

I do not want to watch a livestream for very long. I'd rather watch a press conference and be done for E3 (reading previews on games shown at said pressers afterwards).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

orniletter said:
hinch said:
Areym said:
They definitely did a fantastic job on their digital event, really enjoyed it. However, I still perfer the format that MS and Sony are taking.

Yep. Same here.

It gives the the publishers games much needed exposure and has those awkward E3 moments that makes E3, E3. Digital events seem to be working for Nintendo though because they have the charm to pull it off. I can't imagine how weird it would get if Sony and MS decided to do the same.

Nintendo is literally Streaming third party (indie game in this case) games since ...like 2 hours ago.

There is more to Nintendo´s approach than just the digital event...the Smash Bros. Tournment was great, The Treehouse Stream is still going and they´ll announce a big 3DS game in 7 hours.

That's cool for those who want to see more. I personally don't really feel the need to follow that many streams after a conference. One showing is good enough for me.

Gives me what I want (for a few hours of my time) and gives the press and games journalists something to talk/write about.

orniletter said:

Again, you do know that others have had their own streaming shows for years?