By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo´s way of E3 is much better than a single press conference

Do you agree ?

yes ! 145 88.96%

no 18 11.04%

Total:163
chriscox1121 said:
Other than their great direct event, the treehouse idea was the best format and idea by far. It pretty much streams all day and has a real gaming vibe to it. It's not awkward and weird, instead it seems natural, fun, and engaging. Glad I don't have to listen to game journalists make snark comments about Ninty games.

Agreed. Any time I want during E3 I can switch on a see Nintendo pushing games. Im loving that its not awkward at all and smash invertational is a great start and I can definately see the idea expanding to multiple games next year. Potentially even becoming a yearly multiplayer event where people can watch the best of the best play each other.

Around the Network

I liked their event, but it did not had the flair of a conference.

pokoko said:
orniletter said:

Nintendo is literally Streaming third party (indie game in this case) games since ...like 2 hours ago.

There is more to Nintendo´s approach than just the digital event...the Smash Bros. Tournment was great, The Treehouse Stream is still going and they´ll announce a big 3DS game in 7 hours.

I can´t see how anyone could prefer Sony´s bloated 2 hour conference to this.

Again, you do know that others have had their own streaming shows for years?

Yes, but you honestly can´t compare them. I saw some LBP3 stream earlier and it was just the usual awkward,shallow PR.

Nintendo´s non-stop Treehouse stream with "game-dev celebrities" like Tezuka, Aonuma, and Miyamoto going in depth on game mechanics in Hyrule Warriors, or 40+ minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X is just...in a different league.

I´m not saying that they invented Internet streaming, my point is that they are doing it better than everyone before .

orniletter said:
pokoko said:

Again, you do know that others have had their own streaming shows for years?

Yes, but you honestly can´t compare them. I saw some LBP3 stream earlier and it was just the usual awkward,shallow PR.

Nintendo´s non-stop Treehouse stream with "game-dev celebrities" like Tezuka, Aonuma, and Miyamoto going in depth on game mechanics in Hyrule Warriors, or 40+ minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X is just...in a different league.

I´m not saying that they invented Internet streaming, my point is that they are doing it better than everyone before .

Going in depth on game mechanics in Hyrule Warriors?  Oh MAN!

Oops, wrong thread

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Going in depth on game mechanics in Hyrule Warriors?  Oh MAN!

Oh, stop it.

...He also mentioned 40+ minutes of XCX. 

Yes I agree but I would like the initial event to have been a little longer though by about ten minutes.

MohammadBadir said:
vivster said:
Much too short. But I guess that's because they didn't have a lot to show.

Dude, it's still ongoing, the Treehouse day 2 is love ATM!

What did they show so far?

Treehouse@E3 is the best thing at this E3. I don't even know if anyone else does anything right now, Treehouse has sucked in my soul

KHlover said:
Treehouse@E3 is the best thing at this E3. I don't even know if anyone else does anything right now, Treehouse has sucked in my soul

Heh! You can say that again!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---