By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For $140, is it worth getting a PS TV instead of a Vita?

Tagged games:

Amazon Fire TV
System-on-chip used Qualcomm Snapdragon 8064
CPU Qualcomm Krait 300, quad-core to 1.7 Ghz
Memory 2 GB LPDDR2 RAM
Storage 8 GB internal
Display 1080p
Graphics Qualcomm Adreno 320
Sound Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound
Connectivity HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 10/100 Ethernet, Optical audio, Fire game controller

PlayStation TV
CPU Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
Memory 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM
Storage 1GB internal, expandable via PS Vita memory card (4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 GB)
Display HDMI out (720p, 1080i, 480p)
Graphics Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4+
Sound 2 channel LPCM
Controller input DualShock 3, DualShock 4, PlayStation Vita
Connectivity IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, ethernet LAN (10 BASE-T, 100 BASE-TX)

Around the Network

Amazon Fire TV
Streaming 1080p media player with voice search, Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video, games, and more
$99.00

Amazon Fire Game Controller
Wireless Bluetooth game controller with up to 55 hours of battery life, instant GameCircle access, and media controls for the best gaming experience on Amazon Fire TV
$39.99

Sony needs to patch a lot of games or the PS TV will suffer the same fate as its long lost older brother which SCEA doesn't care to look for anymore. lol!

just do sony a favor and get both :p

vita ps tv for the giggles

and the vita for the games which don't work on the vita ps tv which should be most games which needs the front/back touchscreen or even worse the cam like uncharted or tearaway.

List of Confirmed Amazon Fire TV Games

Minecraft Pocket Edition
The Walking Dead Season 1
The Game of Life
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
SEV Zero
Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Save the Puppies
Ninja Hero Cats
Deer Hunter 2014
Hill Climb Racing
Naught 2
Bingo Blitz
Reaper
Stickman Downhill
Big Win Slots
Terraria
Into the Dead
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 2
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 5
Rabbids Big Bang
Gravity Gun
Buddy & Me
Polar Bowler
Zen Pinball HD
Endless Skater
Dead Trigger 2
Plex
NBA 2K14
Monsters University
Crazy Taxi
Rayman Fiesta Run
AirFighters Pro
Dead System
Radiant
Quiet, Please!
Fist of Awesome
Electronic Super Joy
Ascent of Kings
Double Dragon Trilogy
Tetris
A Ride on the Mountain
Bomb Squad
Next

Around the Network

I would take the PS TV if it came to my country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Second last column says which games are compatible with Vita TV.

Official list here (in Japanese):

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?charset=utf-8&group=1&design=2&psvtvCard=1&psvtvDownload=1&psvtvDownloadCard=1

Maraccuda said:
bevochan said:
Tearaway playable on PS TV?

I dont think so. The PS TV only works with most Vita games, not all.

They would have to patch the game to make it work with just a controller and I doubt they will bother.

the DS4 touch pad works as if it was the touch screen function, example

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/oshiete/

look at top left on the DS4 picture...

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I will get the Vita TV if its compatible with Uncharted, Killzone, and Gravity Rush. I prefer playing on a TV and its cheaper.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
I will get the Vita TV if its compatible with Uncharted, Killzone, and Gravity Rush. I prefer playing on a TV and its cheaper.

it should get a patch for killzone iirc, but for the other 2 the chances of halo/last of us exclusive for the wiiu would be higher