By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For $140, is it worth getting a PS TV instead of a Vita?

Tagged games:

one of the reasons Playstation TV was not released until now was in fact because of the lack of DS4 support, that has now been fixed, there was a recent release update to the PSVita TV that now supports DS4 use on the PSVita TV, now the Playstation TV will also support the DS4 so any game that requires mainly the front screen touch support to play the game can be now compatable due to the DS4 support on the playstation TV. it should be ready intime for the north american launch if its not already is. so pretty much all of the PSVita's games except maybe Tearaway and a few others due to back touch support not being there, but majority will work now thanks to DS4 game pad support for the playstation TV.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

I know bumping has been made illegal around here but someone on Gaf made a list of all the games not compatible with PSTV.

-list-

Holy... then I guess the device is pointless.

LemonSlice said:

Holy... then I guess the device is pointless.

Pointless how so, they just enabled DS4 support for the playstation Vita TV in asia just as of the end of may, and here we are what was just set to now launch this year? thats right the PLAYSTATION tv, WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME BOX AS THE PLAYSTATION VITA TV out of japan and asia.

now those psvita games that require touch support except for those that require the back touch pad of course can now be played which is the majority of the PSVita's software because so many tout that the "PSVita does not rwally have any real games anyway" So  the real only draw back is the back touch support for the standard PSVita will most likely suffer now, but in exchange the PSVita will most likely gather more software that is just mainly no real need for touch and just standard analog stick support now with maybe some touch front screen support.

As a matter of fact with playstation TV now having DS3 and DS4 support the more well known franchises like A NEW GTA CAN BE PUT ON A PLAYSTATION TV NOW ON THE CHEAP BY DEVELOPERS, AND BY DEFAULT the PSVita can play those same games. So its far from pointless in  my opinion, esp. with PS4 extension functionality along with remote play to boot gives this lil device much more of a solid gaming presence than any other Micro console released right now.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.