By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo: Master Chief Collection already Number 1 on Amazon

DeadBigfoot21 said:
A_C_E said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
oh c*** didn't know there was one.

Mods delete my thread.

This game will be huge!
I still can't believe how much content we will get for $60.
I already have about 10 friends/family members who are purchasing an xbox one just for this.

I might be missing somethign here but... You say you didn't know there was one but you know 10 people who are buying an Xbox One just for this? If you didn't know of it then how would you know the reasoning behind the 10 peoples purchase?

Lol how does that make sense? 

You do know some of us have a life, right? 

We are not here 24/7 like others. 

I did not search for a thread like this so i simply created one. 

Now i have more friends that want to buy this. They saw it on FB (mainly) and asked me about it right away. They are all halo fans so this got their attention. 

Haters gonna hate! 

Woah...defensive, defensive. I didn't realise at first that you were talking about your thread, as someone up above just pointed out. I read it wrong, it happens, my bad.

Around the Network
DogRemag said:

No collection of old games will sell a console. Watch Dogs is new which made it successful. Halo 5 is what people are waiting for.The X1 is still not very high on Amazon anyway with a price cut, so this will do nothing to boost sales when there are bigger titles releasing for the generation. Xbox fans are delusional if they think this colection will sell consoles.It's high ebcause people who aleady have an X1 will obviously buy it.What else do they buy besides Halo?

Edit: Moderated - Starcraft

so the last of us remake will sell 100k copies only?

becaus thats just 1 reamke of an 1 year old game

THIS collection will sell copies.

It's a really good deal.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Proves that Halo is still a super big name in the gaming arena.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

tbone51 said:
If this game is going to be huge, then how about this???

Its currently 2nd and Halo Collection dropped to 3rd..... Persona Q to sell 5mil+? JKJK :p

Pfft $10 PSN Card has been top 5 for months now, and has taken number 1 spot again. it truely is the best selling game this year. 

Everyone loves ten dollars!!

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
superhippy420 said:
LMAO. People are tools. I love Halo and have owned and played every single one a ton but if Microsoft seriously thinks millions of gamers are going to rush out and buy consoles to play the same games they have already played they have another thing coming. As a B-Level title I don't have an issue with it but as their "BIG" holiday title it's just pathetic. I gave Microsoft one last chance this year to sell me on an Xbox One and they failed hard.

Did u get sold on the ps4 lol the last of us, driveclub(maybe as it wasn't at e3), and LBP for 2014 yay.

anyway on topic yes people will buy an x1 for it. This will sell 4 million easy. It's more than a $120 value. 

Neither company has released or announced anything that is worth buying the system for. The difference to me was the PS4 was $100 cheaper and the multiplats ran better. So it was really a no brainer because multiplats are all I care about BF4,Destiny,The division, AC, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Diablo3, GTA5, Watchdogs, these are all games I am massively excited to play and none are exclusive and some run better on the PS4 than X1.

Not to mention Im an RPG fanatic so Bound by flame was a very very nice surprise and I've really enjoyed that game. As far as sales will see how well it does a one month boost in sales is nice but the X1 also did really nice when it was first released and then it dropped off the face of the earth.

superhippy420 said:
To those saying that this will move a ton of consoles too, you really have to look at the history of remakes to see that there is zero chance it makes any huge impact.

Wind Waker - Gamecube 4.6 million / Wii U 1 million

Halo 1 - Xbox 6.4 million / Xbox 360 2.25 million

God of War 1+2 - PS2 8.7 million / PS4 2.3 million.

These remakes time and time again have proven to only sell anywhere from 25 to 40 percent of their original games sales. Even if the Halo Collection exceeds those numbers and does 45 percent of the originals, then we are looking at about 4.8 million in lifetime sales and that is the absolute ceiling. Now you have to take into account all of the other new games that will be released during the holiday season (Super Smash Bros mainly), and Microsoft is just setting themselves up for failure.

I half agree. While I think it would have close to zero impact if it was JUST Halo 2 being remade, the entire collection for the price of 1 game will be irressitable for 1) harcore halo fans since Halo 1(because there is extra content on top of the 4 games)  2) anyone who became a halo fan late in the game, and missed earlier installments (because later games sold 2x as much as Halo:CE)   3) People who like FPS games, and love a good value  (this is just a crazy amount of value.... crazy.)

Overall, I don't think it's going to boost X1 over PS4 or anything... but it will move some consoles... And every little advantage helps, especially in helping the X1 retake North America. Between the price cut and this, I think it's likely to be ahead of PS4 by the start of 2015. (Only in NA)

Xenostar said:
tbone51 said:

Its currently 2nd and Halo Collection dropped to 3rd..... Persona Q to sell 5mil+? JKJK :p

Pfft $10 PSN Card has been top 5 for months now, and has taken number 1 spot again. it truely is the best selling game this year. 

Well yeah, they dont want their credit card info on PSN. 

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
tbone51 said:

Well yeah, they dont want their credit card info on PSN. 

Paypal?

It will do okay. It's a lot like titanfall, sold really well with the core Xbox fans, but didn't move consoles to any degree. Evidenced by mediocre $399 SKU sales but decent numbers hitting #1 for around a day.

Sunset overdrive will do far more for xb1.

Oh and tlou remake won't light the world on fire either. No rerelease ever has or probably ever will. The biggest fans have already played them.

1.6m by end of 2014, mostly to existing xb1 owners (not counting the incidental copies bundled with the xb1 for Nov/DEC)