By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wow ubisoft blew microsoft and ea out of the water!

The Ubisoft show was impressive... but it didn't have enough Crackdown.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Nah, MS was better.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

So...where was Titanfall? Not even a DLC trailer?

Their presentation was so much better then the other two, so much so that I actually enjoyed it more then MS despite MS having more games that appealed to me.

They clearly saved the best for themselves when AC and The Devision are concerned. The CGI trailers they showed actually moved me.

nah I'd put MS and UBI at about the same level... can stand the WOOD though... #fakegamer
EA just plain sucked... they did a conf like they publish their games... half baked.... and RSS>>>>>>BF

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
novasonic said:
I thought it was the worst by far. Way too much talking. Throwing around F-bombs just for the sake of trying to sound manly and mature. Valiant Hearts was the only interesting looking game.

Microsoft only had 1 interesting looking game too, but it was trailer after trailer with no filler.

EA had 0 good games, but again trailer after trailer, and the surprise 64 PS4s for people to play right away was a cool touch.

Why would you rather Microsoft's presser to have filler? 

No no, I mean no filler is a good thing. Microsoft had a nice presentation, I just didn't really like many of the games. I'd put them in the lead sofar.

I'd say Microsoft >>>>>> EA > Ubisoft.

And having the host pretend to cry after a trailer.. Seriously?.. No Ubisoft. No.

Of course my opinion is biased because I don't like 'real world' shooters, sports, fitness, or 'realistic' racing games. Assassins Creed bores the hell out of me too.

Edit: That's saying a lot from me too. As someone who knows people that work at EA and being a primarly Nintendo gamer, I have 0 respect for EA and how they do business.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

MS and EA set the bar pretty low, but I have not seen UBI's what was shown?

Actually for me, it was the worst. I wouldn't play any of the games they showed even for free.
EA had a bad conference, lots of games in eraly development but still they had a couple of interesting concepts and their sports games are still good.
MS had a solid conference, better than I was expecting. They are winning so far.

Watching 20 minutes of fitness and dancing with cringe worthy acting from the girl who pretended she was excited because she was the best dancer wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

Still a 5.5 out of 10 mainly because of the rainbox six gameplay at the end (goddamn that looked so good) but the Far cry gameplay disappointed me mainly because I want to see actual gameplay and experience the first 5 minutes when I actually play the game. The division and Unity were showcased better in the MS conference IMO.

Headshot said:
Watching 20 minutes of fitness and dancing with cringe worthy acting from the girl who pretended she was excited because she was the best dancer wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

Still a 5.5 out of 10 mainly because of the rainbox six gameplay at the end (goddamn that looked so good) but the Far cry gameplay disappointed me mainly because I want to see actual gameplay and experience the first 5 minutes when I actually play the game. The division and Unity were showcased better in the MS conference IMO.

and 10 minutes of Shape Up, one guy dancing against a computer version of himself. And two guys doing push ups.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank