By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it a disadvantage for MS to go first?

Which time slot would you want?

First 8 8.79%

Somewhere in the middle 14 15.38%

Last 52 57.14%

Nintendo Direct the day after 15 16.48%

Total:89

It just seems like Sony can leave the lasting impression with their time slot at E3.  Last year I think it paid real dividends for them.  Now I don't think they change their conference based on MS but I do think it's an advantage in mindshare.  They make the last big impression with the last press breifing.  MS kinda gets lost in the shuffle going first.  You get them...then you get EA and Ubi and Sony to overshadow them to the point where you kinda forget what they showed by the end.  Which position would you rather be in press conference wise?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Of course it is. The competition (Sony) can now make last minute changes based on what Microsoft showed.

I think the logic behind them going first is that you will see the multiplatform games first on MS consoles and if Sony has the same games, it will be less exciting to see it the second time but the obvious advantage for Sony is that they will leave a lasting impression on any games that MS hasn't showed so I think both have advantages and disadvantages

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sony has the best time slot. Last of the day, but not isolated by being the day after like Nintendo.

Slightly. But its not like Sony can just change whatever they are planning to show depending on MS's conference.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Only slightly.

4 ≈ One

I highly doubt Sony can change anything just a few hours before their press conference.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

spemanig said:
Sony has the best time slot. Last of the day, but not isolated by being the day after like Nintendo.

Yea, Nintendo is the weird kid that sniffs the glue in the corner.

It is definitely an advantage. They revealed the Move after MS revealed the Kinect. And they can change their presentation based on what MS does during theirs. I don't know why MS goes first every year - you would think the time slots change around but they dont.

Why Microsoft are always the first to make their conference i think even in CES they are first

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m