By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it a disadvantage for MS to go first?

Which time slot would you want?

First 8 8.79%

Somewhere in the middle 14 15.38%

Last 52 57.14%

Nintendo Direct the day after 15 16.48%

Total:89

Quite the opposite. The first mover gets to set the tone and expectations of the show: had they knocked it out of the park, the other two would likely end up looking like they just can't measure up.

Around the Network

I don't think it matters. There are advantages and disadvantages. If you went first and absolutely nailed the presentation, then everybody else just look stupid after you. If Battlefield Hardline was shown right before COD advance warfare (which already wasn't too impressive), COD would have looked very inferior. Going late, you have to bank that the earlier presentations didn't blow people away.

Only in our preception. They can't change their shows in such a short time.

Sony had the better time slot. Not because they are last, but because normal people are not at work and can actually watch it.

WiiStation360 said:
Sony had the better time slot. Not because they are last, but because normal people are not at work and can actually watch it.

Depends on where you live. Right now for me the Sony conference is at the worst time. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Better to be in the middle somewhere.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

WiiStation360 said:

Not for me. It don't start till 2am for me, luckily i'm a student so i can do whatever

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

WiiStation360 said:

Normal people don't watch E3.

It has advantages and disadvantages. Just like Sony being last. It balances itself out imo. Neither is better or worse.

Didn't you see 8-Mile?