By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect-less X1 Releases Tomorrow! How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Will Sales Go Up Dramatically?

How Much will X1 Sell in June? (5 Weeks) NPD!

Over 300k 85 13.93%

250k-300k 56 9.18%

200k-250k 78 12.79%

150k-200k 106 17.38%

100k-150k 104 17.05%

Under 100k 173 28.36%

Total:602

Suprised at how many people are voting less than 100k.

Ya'll do realize that it sold 115k in April with almost nothing going for it right?

May NPD will be bad, but I expect them to duke it out with PS4 in June, and mabye even win depending on how E3 goes.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

That's not world wide now is it? Stay on topic. 

I think the prediction you're supposed to make in this thread is about NPD, so US numbers are most of the topic. Just saying.

I'm just going to throw out 175K June NPD. I don't think dropping Kinect will light the world on fire and I don't think a significant number of people will rush out to buy it just on hype the week after E3. But it won't crash and burn either. Better than the last 2 months.

Skidonti said:
Nicklesbe said:

That's not world wide now is it? Stay on topic. 

I think the prediction you're supposed to make in this thread is about NPD, so US numbers are most of the topic. Just saying.

I'm just going to throw out 175K June NPD. I don't think dropping Kinect will light the world on fire and I don't think a significant number of people will rush out to buy it just on hype the week after E3. But it won't crash and burn either. Better than the last 2 months.

The poll specifies NPD but the thread is about a global product. Unless specified like the poll when someone says the XB1 outsold the ps4 we can assume it's global.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I have dibs on the possible "So, Kinectless-SKU didn't move consoles" thread

"the kinnectless xbone flopped, we need to talk about this"

It's not going to do a whole lot, ps4 will still win the US and World wide was never a contest.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Last time i checked the xbox one outsold the ps4 several times on several weeks and it was still $500. I have been checking the sales every week and i  saw the xbox one selling more. The ps4 sometimes outsold it on several weeks also. It is pretty amazing how the xbox one outsold it even after the higher price tag so that tells me once the new sku rolls out then the xbox will be back on top or very close. 

I was under the impression that the only time it outsold the PS4 was December and that was due to stock issues... so not sure how you got that it sold more on a weekly basis other than that? unless i missed something.

(Please dont tell me you used VGC weekly data to state that it sold more over the course of a few weeks in a month and then got outsold by the PS4 when it was all tallied up).

On the subject, I think the person who mentioned summer/world cup.. that will have an impact, probably less USA so than rest of world, but gaming always dropped off at this time, so unless MS have some big - AAA game is out in June/July... sales wont go up by much imho. I think this is why Sony will have a few HD games coming out in the next month to counter this before the September spikes come along. No suprise that TLOU is rumoured to be coming in June, it's a dead month for gaming usually.

Rumours that a RDR or GTAV port would certainly help MS's cause if its in the summer and exclusive to their platform for one or two months. That's effectively what they need to do if they intend to close that gap. I mean in Titanfall month the gap was what 60k... that's crazy.

I'd like to see your numbers and your sources saying the ps4 has been outselling the xbox one every single week starting from this year. The charts have been saying the xbox one sold more than ps4 and vice versa. Please state your sources for claiming the ps4 sold better every single week starting from this year....i am waiting.

I'm using NPD figures and though they don't mention weekly, anyone who thinks that the XBO is beating the PS4 in multiple weeks, but some magic then means that the PS4 suddenly finds double or 60k in the final week or two frankly shouldnt be taken seriously. NPD has been showing PS4 significantly beating the XBO most months this year, with the exception of one where it was quite close due to stock issues. 

So that is my source, that and common sense. Please state *your* source claiming that XBO is beating PS4 in multiple weeks and PS4 pulls it back by 60k or more in the subsequent weeks... (please dont say VGC is your source)... I am waiting.

You do know the NPD isn't as reliable either, right? 

LMAO, MS uses it for their official numbers for investors for a reason....no you are flat wrong.

DeadBigfoot21 said:

If someone doesn't pre order then that means there is no demand? 

dat logic...

Also that does not answer my question: Why would someone pre order when they can walk into the store and buy it? 

This isn't a launch of a new console. 

Do you even know how supply/demand works? Watch dogs had big pre-order numbers guess what...it had big sales. Hardware is the same it is an indication of demand, the ps4 has mroe demand then the 399 X1...that says it all, the 399 sku is less value then in march with all the discounts, Titanfall for free.....How will you spin this when ps4 wins every month after the price drop?

?

TheBoneCollector said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

dat logic...

Also that does not answer my question: Why would someone pre order when they can walk into the store and buy it? 

Do you even know how supply/demand works? Watch dogs had big pre-order numbers guess what...it had big sales. Hardware is the same it is an indication of demand, the ps4 has mroe demand then the 399 X1...that says it all, the 399 sku is less value then in march with all the discounts, Titanfall for free.....How will you spin this when ps4 wins every month after the price drop?

?

All i am saying is that pre orders dont equal the final sale. I dont know why people can't seem to understand this simple thing. 

If a game gets 100,000k pre orders does that mean it will only sell 100k? 

EDIT: *looks at join date* 

-leaves in a hurry-

DeadBigfoot21 said:

You do know the NPD isn't as reliable either, right? 

I'd recant that statement. You lose all credibility and start to look like the op of that XB1 catching up to PS4 in US thread

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheBoneCollector said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

dat logic...

?

We've already covered this. Preorders are indicative of Anticipated demand, not actual demand. The correlation is with Hype.

The Kinectless-Sku will either flop or face supply issues, but right now we can't really tell.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank