By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Mario Kart 8 needs in the next patch

They need to patch that "fire hopping" bullshit right out of the game. People abusing glitches, because they can't get 1st on their own merits/skills, and have to rely on any means they can just to get wins and pretend they're actually good at MK when they're not.....it's just old.

It would be nice for people to win because they're actually good, and not because they're abusing a glitch that makes you go a bit faster, that's all. It needs to be patched out, if Nintendo is at all seriousness about "people not having an unfair advantage over others and providing a balanced race experience".

Around the Network
snowdog said:
I'm fully expecting Battle Arenas to be announced at E3 as DLC, as well as more Cups.

You may be right. And part of me would be happy to see some ACTUALY arenas. But the other part of me will be bitter and pissed because while MK8 is a great game otherwise, Nintendo REALLY fucked up not just putting a real battle mode in the game to begin with, they put very little effort at all into one of the most popular modes the franchise has had, since the goddamn SNES game. And I'll be pissed/resent the fact that they're pulling an EA, and making me pay extra for shit that should have been in the game from the start. Downloading all-new courses, or some new racers? I'm down for that. But making me pay to have ACTUAL battle arenas? Bullshit.

I would have been totally fine if all they'd included was a massive remake of Block Fort. That's it. I'd be good.

DevilRising said:
snowdog said:
I'm fully expecting Battle Arenas to be announced at E3 as DLC, as well as more Cups.

You may be right. And part of me would be happy to see some ACTUALY arenas. But the other part of me will be bitter and pissed because while MK8 is a great game otherwise, Nintendo REALLY fucked up not just putting a real battle mode in the game to begin with, they put very little effort at all into one of the most popular modes the franchise has had, since the goddamn SNES game. And I'll be pissed/resent the fact that they're pulling an EA, and making me pay extra for shit that should have been in the game from the start. Downloading all-new courses, or some new racers? I'm down for that. But making me pay to have ACTUAL battle arenas? Bullshit.

I would have been totally fine if all they'd included was a massive remake of Block Fort. That's it. I'd be good.

I'm also expecting some of this DLC to be free to download, as a taster. Either that or the DLC is going to be very reasonably priced.

Full camera control for the replays etc.

Map editor for battle mode (wishful thinking xD) or well real arenas.

200cc + 250cc mode

random mode (after finishing the game in mirror mode with 3stars etc this mode should be unlocked and the game should randomly decide whether the course is mirrored or not so its always a suprise)

Mirror Item. If you use it the controls of every other character are mirrored (left is right etc) (also wishful thinking because it actually requires coding new A.I stuff)

Slot mashine so you can unlock whatever with coins additionally to the auto unlock of car parts. (like smash bros etc)

Also Wario Ware character at least 1

I could have sworn auto drifting does work if you are using motion controls or am I just taking crazy pills?

Around the Network

Two player option with 1 player on TV and another the Gamepad. I really don't understand why they don't do that. It is such a good selling point and can give another feel of 'next gen' since Wii U does not do extraordinary graphics. That option would really impress my non-nintendo gaming friends. Hell EVEN CALL OF DUTY IS DOING THAT IN CO OP MODE.

The game needs to distinguish between a manual DC and a DC that's the fault of either your ISP, Nintendo's servers, or the game itself. I just had the game crash on me (complete with that ever-beautiful "Nintendo-console game crashes" buzzing sound) and had to pull the plug, and they still knocked 7 pts off my vs record. It's the game's damn fault!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Out of everything I'm seeing the one thing they should definitely do that is a feature add rather than a bug fix is display race times! Would take them 10 seconds to do but would make a lot of people happy.

JazzB1987 said:

Full camera control for the replays etc.

Map editor for battle mode (wishful thinking xD) or well real arenas.

200cc + 250cc mode

random mode (after finishing the game in mirror mode with 3stars etc this mode should be unlocked and the game should randomly decide whether the course is mirrored or not so its always a suprise)

Mirror Item. If you use it the controls of every other character are mirrored (left is right etc) (also wishful thinking because it actually requires coding new A.I stuff)

Slot mashine so you can unlock whatever with coins additionally to the auto unlock of car parts. (like smash bros etc)

Also Wario Ware character at least 1

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The star is no where near as powerful as it used to be. I feel like the duration is short and you don't get too much of a speed boost like in the old days. It used to be a huge deal when you would get a star...now its pretty ordinary.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"