By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

oniyide said:
Kaizar said:
oniyide said:

and it past it despite being a year later. impressive no?

That's the power of multiplats + Infamous 3rd installment + hardware + a maximum of $400 for price tag.

Plus it also helped that people been wanting a PS4 since as early as 2012.

And that's how you sell more then 10 million in 12 months.

well if you know all that why even say it ONLY has a 1.8 million lead? It doenst matter WHY it has the lead only that it has it.  Fact is the Wii u shouldnt be getting beat the way it is because it was out a year.

Ninsect was saying 3 million lead, so I was just correcting him, and then you asked me that question.......and now you know the rest of the story, LOL but true.

Around the Network

I'm not inclined to make a prediction without knowing a bit more about what games the three companies have coming out at Xmas. Sony and MS are in the middle of their games drought (the one which seems to happen to every console in its first 6-12 months) and Nintendo currently have an opening to gain a lot of ground if they keep the momentum going post-MarioKart.

I will say this, though. At present, the only PS4/XO game slated for 2014 that I think has the potential to truly be a system-seller is Destiny, and I would not be remotely surprised if it gets bumped back into 2015. There are a few others like Driveclub, The Crew and The Evil Within, but I get the impression that they're more likely to be similar to Watch_Dogs; games that go over well with the people who already own the consoles.

Kaizar said:

Ninsect was saying 3 million lead, so I was just correcting him, and then you asked me that question.......and now you know the rest of the story, LOL but true.

The poster who Ninsect was responding to said that the Wii U would outsell the PS4 for this year.  The PS4 has nearly a three million lead so far in 2014 as he said.

While we're on the subject of correcting things.

Kaizar said:

I forgot to mention the major price cuts after 3 1/2 years without any price cuts.

Ive edited my post you quoted.

The original 3DS price cut wasn't even three years ago.  3.5 years would put the price cut in February 2015.  That wouldn't exactly help 2014 sales.  Plus there was the 2DS that brought the entry point down to $129, and that has been available as low as $99.

atomicblue said:
I'm not inclined to make a prediction without knowing a bit more about what games the three companies have coming out at Xmas. Sony and MS are in the middle of their games drought (the one which seems to happen to every console in its first 6-12 months) and Nintendo currently have an opening to gain a lot of ground if they keep the momentum going post-MarioKart.

I will say this, though. At present, the only PS4/XO game slated for 2014 that I think has the potential to truly be a system-seller is Destiny, and I would not be remotely surprised if it gets bumped back into 2015. There are a few others like Driveclub, The Crew and The Evil Within, but I get the impression that they're more likely to be similar to Watch_Dogs; games that go over well with the people who already own the consoles.

but look how much better PS4 and to a lesser extent X1 are selling in comparison to WIi U even WITH their game droughts. So imagine what happens when they dont have that problem.

Max King of the Wild said:

Bravery: courageous behavior. Courage: strength in the face of pain or do something that frightens one. Why can't these people talk about their high hopes for wii U while it's doing bad? Because they don't have courage. What's the lack of courage? Cowardice. Dead serious. 

I see, I do know the definition of Bravery and Cowardice... I am just not sure its being used in the correct context.  I mean we are talking about video games here... Nothing brave about taking sides on what console you support... Sorry just think your not using the word correctly, or your just trying to make something sound far better and in the same breath for worse then it really needs to be... Over dramatic comes to mind. 

Around the Network

Not a 100% sure if your serious or not, but in the case you’re not.. I am just not sure the word in this case is just being used correctly. Cowardly is simply not a word I would use in defending ones videogame preference. I also fail to see how a game gives one "bravery" again that word is really not being used correctly either. 

From my prospective Nintendo fans simply were getting beat down and they kind of went quite until they had something to talk about... and rightly so, MK8 is a system seller, it's a highly valuable franchise that is very underestimated by its haters. 

But to say one gets bravery from a game or shows cowardice is just simply head scratching borderline comical. 

Now, if your not being serious just ignore the above :-p

Bravery: courageous behavior. Courage: strength in the face of pain or do something that frightens one. Why can't these people talk about their high hopes for wii U while it's doing bad? Because they don't have courage. What's the lack of courage? Cowardice. Dead serious. 

pretty much this. Nothing wrong with defending your video game preference but why not do it the ENTIRE time. This whole "Ninty fans were getting beat up, boohoo" is crap. THAT should have been the time to show face. Anyone can back a team when they are winning, but what of when they are losing. In sports we call those fake fans.

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:

You really believe Wii u will sell more than ps4? Really?

Yes, THIS year, maybe you overread that. Wii U will have heavy hitters this year, PS4 hitters are coming in 2015.

What makes you thing the PS4 will sell more THIS year? Huh? A Destiny? It will boost sales, sure, but that is all. Not as much as alle the games will do that are coming for wii U THIS year.

What about Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Battlefield: Hardline, FIFA 2015? These are all games that will sell PS4 later in the year.

those IPs came out last year, so I don't see that much of a boost this year.

except for the fact that those ip gave PS3/360 boosts each and every year,

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:

pretty much this. Nothing wrong with defending your video game preference but why not do it the ENTIRE time. This whole "Ninty fans were getting beat up, boohoo" is crap. THAT should have been the time to show face. Anyone can back a team when they are winning, but what of when they are losing. In sports we call those fake fans.

But to call someone a coward seems a little over dramatic and not really fitting. Again, these are video games I would not call someone a coward because he is not defending his position on a daily basis on something so trivial. Maybe most don't feel the need to repeat their position day in day out as it falls on deaf ears?  What's the point in arguing when nobody really listens to what you have to say? These fans have every right to be happy about MK8 and all the positives, it's brought to their platform of choice! EVERY fan base has its bandwagoners, haters, blind followers, occasional supporters and diehards! Who are you to attack someone because they have reason to be upbeat? Is that Bravery? I call that fanboyism. 

I don't know, just seems like it's too much to call someone brave for taking a stance on a random video game topic that really holds absolutely no real life in consequence... Is it going to put his life, way of life others he loves in danger yet takes the risk anyway because what he is doing will change the world? Sorry, bravery does not come into play when talking about video games... Nor cowardice. 

Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

The poster who Ninsect was responding to said that the Wii U would outsell the PS4 for this year.  The PS4 has nearly a three million lead so far in 2014 as he said.

While we're on the subject of correcting things.

Kaizar said:

I forgot to mention the major price cuts after 3 1/2 years without any price cuts.

Ive edited my post you quoted.

The original 3DS price cut wasn't even three years ago.  3.5 years would put the price cut in February 2015.  That wouldn't exactly help 2014 sales.  Plus there was the 2DS that brought the entry point down to $129, and that has been available as low as $99.

I guess 3 years then, well more like October or November 2K14. The 2DS suggested Retail Price is still $129.

You can only find the 2DS for $99 everywhere because they have been holding onto the same old Stock/shipment for too long, and needed to get rid of them, just like any other product in that situation would go thru. So that just means the 2DS has not been moving off the selves when you can find it plenty below the suggested retail price.

oniyide said:

This is dumb. It's a console, not a football team. Gathering to cheer on an inanimate object with the three other people who happened to care at the time, isn't the same as showing up to support your team or your troops even when they're losing. It's a purchased good.

Here's how you can tell your idea of bravery is retarded. Substitute hotdogs for Wii U. Are you really going to waste time talking with people about a crappy hotdog? No. Now if you had a hotdog that came with the works and was grilled to perfection, you migh actually have something to talk about. You might want to talk about how to make a good hotdog. I've yet to see someone talk about the best way to make a hotdog taste like crap.

If that eludes you, how about comparing it to a pet? If you had a pet goldfish named Wii U and it got sick and died, you probably wouldn't have much to talk about. Now if you went to flush him and he came to life and jumped out of the toilet and back into his tank clear in the other room, you might have something to talk about. That's what happened with the Wii U this last week. The owners of Wii U are frickin amazed at what it di, and that's why they're talking.