By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Dead Rising 3 come to PS4????

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Dead Rising is very unlikely to come to PS4 now, Xbox One and PC is enough. Titanfall just won't happen, they've already confirmed it will never be on PS4.

Wait..how long did it take for Bioshock to come on the PS3 after MS paid for timed exclusivity again? Wait...I'll give you another name MS published for themselves to specifically keep away from Sony in Mass Effect.

I agree with you about Titanfall though.

Some exclusives have been timed, but lets not pretend every Xbox exclusive comes to Playstation. Your examples are like 7 years old.

Dude, during the 360's launch MS kept quite a few games from Sony for a year or more past Sonys launch, which is why everyone said Sony had "no games". Even I was chanting it when I was here in 2008 joining in on the whole wii60 party for the price of a PS3 deal. MS always pays a boatload to get the edge of perception on Sony and manipulate the audiences into believing they have a product when its really only for a limited time. I mean even I got it after the halfway point of last gen, but it seems to be taking people three gens to notice Microsofts obvious pattern.

You will say my examples are seven years old and I wll say "exactly". Why? There is no greater teacher than the past. Microsoft is the most predictable company of the big three.

I repeat... Some exclusives have been timed, but lets not pretend every Xbox exclusive comes to Playstation. Your examples are like 7 years old.

If you somebody bought a Xbox because they thought a game was going to stay exclusive on that platform forever... too bad. That's not a valid complaint in my eyes.

Maybe these patterns will repeat, who cares? It just doesn't matter. This is useless thing to get worked up about.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:

Oh man, these damn edits noone gets a notification about... But right, that's the manipulation I was talking about. Thanks for further explanation. Looks like you needed it to make it even more clear to you.

The first time I was being sarcastic with the Xbox campaign "only on xbox" when most of their top games tend to go to PC at some point. Microsofts greatest asset in the gaming industry has been perception. Sony's marketing has never been as great and you know it.

Europe is totally different in terms of marketing than US, believe me. Sony dominates marketing in Europe since PS1.

Well then...whats  Sony's equivalent to the "Only on Xbox" campaign in Europe?

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Some exclusives have been timed, but lets not pretend every Xbox exclusive comes to Playstation. Your examples are like 7 years old.

Dude, during the 360's launch MS kept quite a few games from Sony for a year or more past Sonys launch, which is why everyone said Sony had "no games". Even I was chanting it when I was here in 2008 joining in on the whole wii60 party for the price of a PS3 deal. MS always pays a boatload to get the edge of perception on Sony and manipulate the audiences into believing they have a product when its really only for a limited time. I mean even I got it after the halfway point of last gen, but it seems to be taking people three gens to notice Microsofts obvious pattern.

You will say my examples are seven years old and I wll say "exactly". Why? There is no greater teacher than the past. Microsoft is the most predictable company of the big three.

I repeat... Some exclusives have been timed, but lets not pretend every Xbox exclusive comes to Playstation. Your examples are like 7 years old.

If you somebody bought a Xbox because they thought a game was going to stay exclusive on that platform forever... too bad. That's not a valid complaint in my eyes.

Maybe these patterns will repeat, who cares? It just doesn't matter. This is useless thing to get worked up about.

I know that not every Xbox exclusive that Microsoft pays to keep away from Playstation comes to Playstation. Quite frankly it doesnt matter with Sony's output. Even I was criitcal of Sony back when I first came and they came out with their first and second party swinging. They proved that they can pump out great exclusives on their own while Microsoft has resort to tactics to hold them down. After I finally got the PS3 in 2009 ( a year after I joined this site), It was like a complete paradigm shift.

Why do I care about repeating patterns? It shows Microsofts weakness where it counts. You figure out what that is.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The first time I was being sarcastic with the Xbox campaign "only on xbox" when most of their top games tend to go to PC at some point.

Most of their top games go to PC? That isn't accurate. Frankly, I wish it was true.

I don't subscribe the to notion that great games being ported to the PC eventually is bad thing.

Mass Effect, Jade Empire, Kotor, Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, Titanfall, Dead Rising or even Fable arent among Microsofts greatest? Hmmmm...interesting.

Anyway, I never said porting to the PC is a bad thing, but if your console has PC games it defeats the purpose of getting your console, which is why Microsoft had to back away from PC with Halo and Gears.

You said most of their top games to PC, that isn't most. We haven't seen the entire Halo, Fable or Gears series on PC. There are many Xbox games that didn't get ported.

"if your console has PC games it defeats the purpose of getting your console." Great arugment! It clearly doesn't ignore not everyone has or wants to buy a gaming PC. Seriously STAGE, you're a smart guy and I know you have more common sense than you're demonstrating at the moment. This is why games are successful on consoles even if they launch with a superior PC port.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I know that not every Xbox exclusive that Microsoft pays to keep away from Playstation comes to Playstation. Quite frankly it doesnt matter with Sony's output. Even I was criitcal of Sony back when I first came and they came out with their first and second party swinging. They proved that they can pump out great exclusives on their own while Microsoft has resort to tactics to hold them down. After I finally got the PS3 in 2009 ( a year after I joined this site), It was like a complete paradigm shift.

Why do I care about repeating patterns? It shows Microsofts weakness where it counts. You figure out what that is.

Not every exclusive comes to Playstation or PC, not even most. And if most did, I still wouldn't give a crap. Most games I play aren't even exclusive.

Using tactics to hold your competitor down is fine. Its called competition. Either Sony finds a way to combat it or they go under. Sony had pressure put on them and pumped out great games on PS3. Thanks MS for making Sony a better company and vice versa.

I don't care about MS's or Sony's weaknesses. I bought a PS3 and 360 because of their strengths. Both MS and Sony have strengths that appeal to me and that motivates me to keep buying their consoles. Also, having both Sony and MS platfroms gives me access to more great games.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Dead Rising is very unlikely to come to PS4 now, Xbox One and PC is enough. Titanfall just won't happen, they've already confirmed it will never be on PS4.

Wait..how long did it take for Bioshock to come on the PS3 after MS paid for timed exclusivity again? Wait...I'll give you another name MS published for themselves to specifically keep away from Sony in Mass Effect.

I agree with you about Titanfall though.

and lets not pretend every xbox exclusive is exclusive. 

ms did this a lot at the begining of last gen to fool gamers. dr3 just proves they are still liars when it suits them. fool you once shame on ms, fool you twice shame on you. 

Just play them on PC.

kitler53 said:

ms did this a lot at the begining of last gen to fool gamers. dr3 just proves they are still liars when it suits them. fool you once shame on ms, fool you twice shame on you. 

Haha! "and lets not pretend every xbox exclusive is exclusive." Oh boy, what a great argument and its clearly what I implied!

It launched as an exclusive, sorry it didn't stay a console exclusive long enough for you. I know this has a serious impact on the way you live your life.

Also, a PC version existing means the enjoyment I had with it on the X1 wasn't real.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
kitler53 said:

Haha! "and lets not pretend every xbox exclusive is exclusive." Oh boy, what a great argument and its clearly what I implied!

It launched as an exclusive, sorry it didn't stay a console exclusive long enough for you. I know this has a serious impact on the way you live your life.

Also, a PC version existing means the enjoyment I had with it on the X1 wasn't real.

No one said the PC version existing means its not the Xbox version wasnt "real". It just means Microsofts internal development game is very weak. 

R.I.P.

Black Tusk new IP because MS doesn't like endorse creativity and new games 2012-2014. 

Gears of War here we come! 

Profit status quo > Profit and new IPs

S.T.A.G.E. said:

No one said the PC version existing means its not the Xbox version wasnt "real". It just means Microsofts internal development game is very weak. 

R.I.P.

Black Tusk new IP because MS doesn't like endorse creativity and new games 2012-2014. 

Gears of War here we come! 

Profit status quo > Profit and new IPs

I'm saying the enjoyment was real and a PC port has no impact on that. Furthermore, its only avilable to those that actually have a high end gaming PC running Windows. We can presume that's a small minority which is why console games never struggle because of PC ports.

Well fuck, not every studio can create great new IPs like Knack and think of original ideas like a driving game. I think you also ignore Sony is recycling a lot of IPs and relying heavily other studios to bring new IPs.

New IPs will be found on X1 and PS4 whether they are 1st party, 2nd party, and even 3rd party. You're too personally invested in this stuff, its a waste of time.

Recently Completed