By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it Stupid to Argue over your favorite console? Come here and chat if you just want a healthy gaming industry for all

Is it stupid to run down another persons console

Yes, it's pointless 63 79.75%

No, I love infuriating people 11 13.92%

No, If enough people bash... 5 6.33%

Total:79
random15 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
random15 said:
No, this is a video game sales website, that is why people come here to talk numbers. If you think it is stupid then you are in the wrong place. This website is all about who is winning and if your console of choice it is not winning then *excuse me* tough sh*t.

And did you create the console random15? And do you understand business stragety because what would you define as winning? If the xbox one has made more money due to higher profit margins, doesn't that meant that they are winning in your mind set? Yes, it does!! Were you born of a console or did you pledge allegience to one? What is it that makes you part of that "race" to win? Because you walked into gamestop and purchased a console?

Competition is everywhere just look around. I am sure you are fan of a sports team or a fan of anything in general.

Man, competition is not competition if hate is involved. Thus the media stating that it is a "War". It's pathetic how far some people go. I genuinely picture their faces like this when I read their comments....

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
d21lewis said:
I cared about sales when Sony was losing. Now that they're in first, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I honestly just quit caring. I guess I'm an asshole.

I came here to see what games were popular, but seriously, I don't understand, if  buy a lambo and you buy a ferarri, how my lambo sucks if your ferarri sells more??? We both have cool racing cars. Right?

Just my p.o.v.. Never really cared about sales at all.  Then suddenly I found out that the Wii was beating the PS3 in sales and suddenly, I felt like I was on a winning team (despite the fact that I owned the Wii AND the PS3).  That's what made me come to this site, to be honest.  I liked seeing the company that beat my beloved Nintendo suddenly struggle.  Crazy since I owned every Playstation device, ever--aside from the phone.  Now that it's business as usual, I've reverted to my old "I don't really care about sales" self that I was from gen 3-gen 6.  I just want to have fun.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

This is the internet, where people can't simply be satisfied with something. But to be honest it's just a common thing to pick one side and try to defend it, though some people go to extremes and insult people with a different console choice, which isn't the way to go.

I know what you mean.The best thing to do is ignore these types of discussions. People can be very silly and insecure when with the console brand they choose. I prefer Sony but this choice will never hinder me from playing Nintendo and Xbox games.NEVER!!!

d21lewis said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
d21lewis said:
I cared about sales when Sony was losing. Now that they're in first, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I honestly just quit caring. I guess I'm an asshole.

I came here to see what games were popular, but seriously, I don't understand, if  buy a lambo and you buy a ferarri, how my lambo sucks if your ferarri sells more??? We both have cool racing cars. Right?

Just my p.o.v.. Never really cared about sales at all.  Then suddenly I found out that the Wii was beating the PS3 in sales and suddenly, I felt like I was on a winning team (despite the fact that I owned the Wii AND the PS3).  That's what made me come to this site, to be honest.  I liked seeing the company that beat my beloved Nintendo suddenly struggle.  Crazy since I owned every Playstation device, ever--aside from the phone.  Now that it's business as usual, I've reverted to my old "I don't really care about sales" self that I was from gen 3-gen 6.  I just want to have fun.

I to care about the WII U sales situation as I did about the PS#3 but only because I wanted others to experience the fun I was having with those machines. But seriously, there is WAY too much hate going on.

Around the Network
Zadainie said:

I know what you mean.The best thing to do is ignore these types of discussions. People can be very silly and insecure when with the console brand they choose. I prefer Sony but this choice will never hinder me from playing Nintendo and Xbox games.NEVER!!!

Nice to meet you then.... And try to keep the hate out of your head as I do :) It's so annoying.... I get called named daily for owning a WIi U. Like what?

Squeezol said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

This is the internet, where people can't simply be satisfied with something. But to be honest it's just a common thing to pick one side and try to defend it, though some people go to extremes and insult people with a different console choice, which isn't the way to go.

Well, my purple monkey dishwasher is so much better than your white dishwasher!! It really is arrogance, annoying to a ridiculous extend and I'm not sure how people have gotten this bad. Imagine if a guy in a Ford kept getting in your face for driving a Chevy. It's just rude and unneeded constant abuse on a site that should be for discussions.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
random15 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
random15 said:
No, this is a video game sales website, that is why people come here to talk numbers. If you think it is stupid then you are in the wrong place. This website is all about who is winning and if your console of choice it is not winning then *excuse me* tough sh*t.

And did you create the console random15? And do you understand business stragety because what would you define as winning? If the xbox one has made more money due to higher profit margins, doesn't that meant that they are winning in your mind set? Yes, it does!! Were you born of a console or did you pledge allegience to one? What is it that makes you part of that "race" to win? Because you walked into gamestop and purchased a console?

Competition is everywhere just look around. I am sure you are fan of a sports team or a fan of anything in general.

Man, competition is not competition if hate is involved. Thus the media stating that it is a "War". It's pathetic how far some people go. I genuinely picture their faces like this when I read their comments....

You are here from the wrong reasons then. There are some very passionate people in these forums and there is nothing wrong with that. Why do you think we have PlaystationNation, XBONation, and NintenDomination threads with THOUSANDS of posts?

random15 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
random15 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
random15 said:

You are here from the wrong reasons then. There are some very passionate people in these forums and there is nothing worng with that.

Passionate about what? The console they picked up at a retail outlet? I love video games, but there IS something wrong with anyone who tries to make another human being feel bad for being different to them. It shows clearly who they really as. So yes, there is something wrong with that. If they hate you for the console you choose, I would hate to see what they would do if you ate a different breakfast cereal than them :O or had say...different skin color or religious beliefs. Its about respecting other peoples choices, and if someone can't do that then they are a lousy human being.

I don't care if somebody likes my console or not as long as I get to play the games I want to play. It's when somebody starts saying "You like Nintendo? Kill yourself" or "You Xbox F*gs" or whatever--simply because I bought the console I wanted to buy. That's insane to me. A little pride is one thing. The personal attacks are way too much.