By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it Stupid to Argue over your favorite console? Come here and chat if you just want a healthy gaming industry for all

Is it stupid to run down another persons console

Yes, it's pointless 63 79.75%

No, I love infuriating people 11 13.92%

No, If enough people bash... 5 6.33%

Total:79

I will get a Wii U later this year. I know people hate the Wii U for whatever reasons they have but it's still a good console. I love Nintendo because they are the reason I love games.Don't let people make you feel bad for having a Wii U.What they are doing is just nonsensical hatred.

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Passionate about what? The console they picked up at a retail outlet? I love video games, but there IS something wrong with anyone who tries to make another human being feel bad for being different to them. It shows clearly who they really as. So yes, there is something wrong with that. If they hate you for the console you choose, I would hate to see what they would do if you ate a different breakfast cereal than them :O or had say...different skin color or religious beliefs. Its about respecting other peoples choices, and if someone can't do that then they are a lousy human being.

Yes, that is why they are in a video game sales website, instead of a normal video game forum like N4G or IGN where the same exact same thing happens as in here. Instead of ''my console of choice sold more''  there is ''this exclusive is better than that exclusive''. Competition is everywhere.

Quote Tree Trimmed - Conegamer

d21lewis said:
I don't care if somebody likes my console or not as long as I get to play the games I want to play. It's when somebody starts saying "You like Nintendo? Kill yourself" or "You Xbox F*gs" or whatever--simply because I bought the console I wanted to buy. That's insane to me. A little pride is one thing. The personal attacks are way too much.

This ^

random15 said:

Yes, that is why they are in a video game sales website, instead of a normal video game forum like N4G or IGN where the same exact same thing happens as in here. Instead of ''my console of choice sold more''  there is ''this exclusive is better than that exclusive''. Competition is everywhere.

What d21lewis said.

Zadainie said:

I will get a Wii U later this year. I know people hate the Wii U for whatever reasons they have but it's still a good console. I love Nintendo because they are the reason I love games.Don't let people make you feel bad for having a Wii U.What they are doing is just nonsensical hatred.

Yeah it's obnoxious because  I used to have a PS3 and couldn't play any of the games anymore. Do I miss that? sure I do! But I have a wife who hates violent games and a 3 year old who can't be in the room with it. I can honestly say, I wish the video game industry was better respected, but these rough, rude people are the reason I'm embarrassed to speak to people at work about video games. Video games should be as respected as movies or more so, but the "dork" title comes from this kind of behaviour. I have never been abused or sworn at for liking game of thrones or the hobbit, but video games, yep!! Been laughed at by the fanatics and laugh at by normal people because of the fanatics.

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

What d21lewis said.

LOL who is he for me to immidiately change my view on why I don't agree with you? This is my last reply.

random15 said:

LOL who is he for me to immidiately change my view on why I don't agree with you? This is my last reply.

See, I never asked you to change your view. You are entitled to your view and I mine. But it's your sort that makes the man on the street laugh at video gamers. No respect for my opinion. Want to be a fanatic? Sure, go ahead. I'm not here to "change your view", and I AM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU TRYING TO CHANGE MINE. It's messed up to spend so much time attacking peoples choice of a console to "Change their view". Your self importance is also evident in that you think I care if it's your last reply. Ciao.

Quote Tree Eliminated - Conegamer

Yeah, it gets annoying when people argue about it. Most of those people are grown-men, they have more important things to do!

Good thing I stopped being a blind fanboy almost a year ago!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Not as stupid as entering a video game sales site and calling sales discussions stupid.

Someone feels superior today.

What if I have fun arguing about pointless things? What's so bad about pointless things? I bet I can name at least 3 pointless things you do every day.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.